• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Waratahs, R9 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Desperate times for desperate teams. Is Lance back? Is TPN back? The Force are the Tahs bogey team, mainly because they turn the breakdown into a shitfight and slow down delivery to the Tahs backline - ergo, no go forward.

G

galumay

On recent results you might tip the Force for this one, but I have a feeling the Tah's are going to put 80 minutes together now that their season is gone!

Tah's by plenty.

M

Moono75

...is it Easter again already! Look who's come to town ;)

bluebunny.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Tahs should win and win well but it is a banana skin game for them I reckon.

Lots of pundits saying season already gone, Lose this one and it is surely gone.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is an important game for both teams.
The harsh reality is that neither team has had a win against the top half of the combined Super Rugby table. (The Brumbies - Canes & Reds - Clan have). The Tahs have had the benefit of rolling the Reds twice.
Unsure what difference the Hoff makes.
Home ground advantage good for the Force who have had bad form after a bye week in the past.
Hoping for a win, a good game of rugby and a good turn up from the Sea of Blue.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
CgiACiZUoAMjYb4.jpg:large

Rob Horne back in the starting side. TPN back on the bench.

Benn Robinson out injured and Sam Lousi dropped.

Izzy at 13 continues.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
CgiACiZUoAMjYb4.jpg:large

Rob Horne back in the starting side. TPN back on the bench.

Benn Robinson out injured and Sam Lousi dropped.

Izzy at 13 continues.
Interesting. I'm going to watch closely to see where everyone actually plays most of the time on attack and defence. I suspect Horne won't be defending at 11 a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
Force has always ground out gritty wins by slowing the tahs game down at the breakdown. There isn't the emphasis on that this season with the Force with their newly developing style. tahs should win.

anything could happen at scrum time given those two relatively inexperienced front rows.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Folau chosen again at 13 - when Rob Horne is fit.

Dispels the adamant myth of a particular poster that he was chosen there because of injury (to Rob):) !!!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Western Force side:

1. Francois van Wyk
2. Heath Tessmann
3. Tetera Faulkner
4. Sitiveni (Steve) Mafi
5. Adam Coleman
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Matt Hodgson (C)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Peter Grant
11. Semisi Masirewa
12. Solomoni (Junior) Rasolea
13. Ben Tapuai
14. Marcel Brache
15. Dane Haylett-Petty

Reserves
16. Harry Scoble
17. Chris Heiberg
18. Jermaine Ainsley
19. Rory Walton
20. Brynard Stander
21. Ryan Louwrens
22. Kyle Godwin
23. Albert Nikoro

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It will be interesting to see Hooper's play after the spray by Dwyer.

He is up against a no-nonsense on the ball 7.

Will he play, as pretty usual, outside the 10 channel or get in there and mix it up in the tight.

Hooper has been a champion so far foe the Wallabies, particularly with Pocock doing the tight stuff.

Maybe he can be looser at Wallaby level but at the Tahs he needs to be a conventional 7, particularly now that some of the better troops have left.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I'm pretty happy with that side except for Skelton in Lousi out. Sure the big fella gets a nice ball away, but at 140kg he should be bending the line and he just isn't. Not that I think Lousi has been brilliant, but at least he runs at a man like he means to get through him.

I like the look of those backs, no doubt Horne will defend at 12 which will add a bit of starch to the midfield. I'm really please Gibson stuck with Robertson and Kellaway, it gives them the chance to develop at this level.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lineouts will be interesting. The Force have 3 good jumpers without considering Cottrell- yet those are the same three that saw one of our worst ever lineout performances against the Crusaders. The Tahs have Dennis and Holloway as the main jumpers. I don't think the Force will have the same presence at the breakdown as in past games against the Tahs but we might perform better in the scrum and lineout.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Folau chosen again at 13 - when Rob Horne is fit.

Dispels the adamant myth of a particular poster that he was chosen there because of injury (to Rob):) !!!!
Pretty sure Deans, McKenzie, Chieka and Gibson have all suggested Folau would eventually move to outside centre. I remember him saying it in one of his first interviews in 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
yeah the Neddies hooker has been bought into the squad as well.It is great that local club players are coming through the system

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Isn't it. In spite of what some people over East think of the Force and their opinion that we don't have enough depth for five teams, we keep bringing young talent through our club system. I can't see how this can be a bad thing.

I should also point out that Rusty played for OZ U/20's as well.

Nulla

Frank Row (1)
Yes the Tah’s tight 5 are not setting the world on fire & it is a good game to blood a new up & comer.
The locks for the Tahs show up as a real weakness since Douglas & Potgierer left, especially the real umhp pushing in the scrum & driving your front row.Also they were instrumental in line outs & getting over the advantage line around their 22m line. Reckon the loosies will be on an equal footing. Don’t think I have seen the full capabilities this years Force back line which are very talented & for the Tah’s, Horne coming in is a massive bonus but I have been waiting for the last couple of years for Tahs Kellaway to be more than a finisher & he has the opportunity once again in this game to step up a notch. Hope he can add another dimension. With that I think the game will be very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.