• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force Vs Lions Rnd 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bunch of Lions gone home injured. Force probably pretty buggered from two weeks in RSA and a shit load of tackling. Who is gonna win?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Force definitely have the worst of the travel, but lions have 18 hours less turn around. If the Force can't win this they don't deserve to be finals contenders.

Force by 14

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yes, we certainly need to win this one. The season doesn't get any easier from this point onwards and we've got to beat the teams below us.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Force.

Lions have been completely softened up by the Tahs. Tenderised by Palu, Skelton, Douglas and Horne.

I bloody hope so. Normally I would be super confident but we need this so badly that it worries me.

Teams always play a lot better after a disappointing loss. Hopefully that's exactly what the Stormers game was for our boys. I expect the Crusaders to do the same and put 20-30 points on whoever they play next weekend.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Good thing we are not playing them until next week then

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
hopefully alby and morahan are back to put a bit of spark back in attack. As courages as it looks we cant afford to let the lions have all the possession to run at us and build up pressure. Its unsustainable. Would like to see a change in the second row. One of em could do with a rest to come off the bench and maybe give the Charles a rest as well. Might see some improvement in the line out. Force underdogs. Lions by 5.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bunch of Lions gone home injured. Force probably pretty buggered from two weeks in RSA and a shit load of tackling. Who is gonna win?

You guys, obviously, or you don't deserve to be in the top 6. Strangle the fuckers for 60 min, taking every point on offer, then look for the BP in the final 20 when they tire - assuming, of course, your guys have still got enough left in the tank after the flight home.

Seriously, this "we're the underdogs" thing is starting to lose its shine, doesn't really work when you're in the top 1/3rd of the table.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Teams always play a lot better after a disappointing loss. Hopefully that's exactly what the Stormers game was for our boys.

Um, the Lions lost too FF (Folau Fainga'a). Reckon they will be pretty disappointed with their efforts too.

Mind you they were "tenderised" to quote Hawko on Sunday and I think you guys can win. Forwards battle will be tough but I can see Badge doing a Horne and running through them a couple of times.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Force to 'Pull On Your Socks' for McGrath Foundation

By RugbyWA Media Unit
5 May 2014

The Western Force will wear pink socks in their match against the Lions at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium) on Saturday, 24 May in support of the McGrath Foundation’s ‘Pull On Your Socks’ campaign.

‘Pull On Your Socks’ encourages sports teams to wear pink socks to support the McGrath Foundation ensure every family in Australia experiencing breast cancer has access to a breast care nurse, as well as increasing breast awareness in young Australians.

The Western Australian team is encouraging its supporters in the Sea of Blue to join in the campaign by purchasing pink ‘Pull On Your Socks’ socks from the Western Force Team Store for the match with all proceeds going to the McGrath Foundation. Local teams can also get on board by registering to host their own Pull On Your Socks game atwww.mcgrathfoundation.com.au.

Read More:http://www.westernforce.com.au/News...ull-On-Your-Socks-for-McGrath-Foundation.aspx

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Um, the Lions lost too FF (Folau Fainga'a). Reckon they will be pretty disappointed with their efforts too.

Mind you they were "tenderised" to quote Hawko on Sunday and I think you guys can win. Forwards battle will be tough but I can see Badge doing a Horne and running through them a couple of times.

Sure it evens the effect out. You watch the Highlanders get minced.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
2014 Asteron Life Super Rugby – Week 15

Western Force v Lions

The ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium), Perth

Saturday, 24 May 2014

Kick-off: 5.40pm (AWST)

1. Pek Cowan

2. Nathan Charles

3. Kieran Longbottom

4. Sam Wykes

5. Wilhelm Steenkamp

6. Angus Cottrell

7. Matt Hodgson (c)

8. Ben McCalman

9. Ian Prior

10. Sias Ebersohn

11. Nick Cummins

12. Luke Burton

13. Chris Tuatara-Morrison

14. Dane Haylett-Petty

15. Jayden Hayward

Reserves

16. Heath Tessmann

17. Tetera Faulkner

18. Ollie Hoskins

19. Adam Coleman

20. Brynard Stander

21. Justin Turner

22. Zack Holmes

23. Patrick Dellit

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Lions: 15 Coenie van Wyk, 14 JW Jonker, 13 Deon van Rensburg, 12 Alwyn Hollenbach, 11 Anthony Volmink, 10 Marnitz Boshoff, 9 Ross Cronje, 8 Warren Whiteley (c), 7 Warwick Tecklenburg, 6 Jaco Kriel, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Rudi Mathee, 3 Ruan Dreyer, 2 Armand van der Merwe, 1 Corne Fourie.
Replacements: 16 Robbie Coetzee, 17 Jacques van Rooyen, 18 Julian Redelinghuys, 19 Willie Britz, 20 Stephan de Wit, 21 Faf de Klerk, 22 Elton Jantjies, 23 Stefan Watermeyer.

Hate to say it, but that's a pretty weak looking side on paper. Looks like they're resting a few of their usual starting players, an have been hit by injuries as well. Force need a bonus point win.

A shame Alby & Morahan aren't back as that would've added a fair bit of spark.

Status
Not open for further replies.