• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Formula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lewis Hamilton secures pole with a blistering lap, 0.5 seconds up on his teammate, Nico Rosberg (which, in F1 terms is huge). Daniel Ricciardo only 0.001 seconds off Valtteri Bottas in 5th, which means Ricciardo will start 6th.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Close but not close enough at any stage during qualifying. Ferrari seem to have found another couple of tenths in the last week. Hopefully first four cars take each other out, with Bottas, at first corner.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Close but not close enough at any stage during qualifying. Ferrari seem to have found another couple of tenths in the last week. Hopefully first four cars take each other out, with Bottas, at first corner.

I would personally just rather the first 2.
Then the race would be much better

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jenson Button will not have a full time driver next year, as he will act as McLaren's 2017 test driver, with an option for 2018 if Alonso retires after 2017.

Button's career:
301 entries, 297 starts
1 World Championship (2009)
15 GP wins
50 podiums
1,231 points
8 pole positions

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nico Rosberg secures pole for the Singapore GP. Danny Ricciardo will start from P2 on the grid.

Sebastian Vettel in the Ferrari will start stone dead last after having a suspension problem in Q1 (he said that he thinks his anti-roll bar broke)

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
^^ I actually find one of the more spectacular GPs, but I get what you mean with the cameras. I would guess its more to do with night / speed which could be the difference.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ricciardo looks just a few laps short of pulling off the surprise win. Maybe next time...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ricciardo looks just a few laps short of pulling off the surprise win. Maybe next time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

He was flying. Lapped 2-2.5 seconds faster than Rosberg @ one point. David Croft (Sky F1 commentator) said that if there was 1 more lap, Danny Ric would win (he was only behind by 0.488 seconds which in race pace is close).

Also was expecting Kevin Magnussen to crash @ turn 17 after Palmer pitted on lap 12 ;)

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Lewis Hamilton secures pole @ the Malaysian Grand Prix. Daniel Ricciardo will start in 4th position.

Race starts tomorrow at 5:00pm AEST

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Rosberg secures the pole for the Japanese GP.
Ricciardo will start from P5 thanks to Sebastian Vettel's 3-place grid penalty
Race starts at 4:00pm eastern daylight savings time (3:00pm QLD time, 3:30pm SA time, 2:30pm NT time and 1:00pm Perth time)

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nico Rosberg wins the Japanese Grand Prix. Daniel Ricciardo finished 6th after a bad pitstop (again).
Mercedes have won the constructors championship for the 3rd straight year.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Semi-OT: Mark Webber will retire from all motorsport at the end of the year

He's had a damn good career in a brutal sport. I just wish he'd managed to get that F1 championship title he got so close to. I also wished he'd smacked that man-child Vettel in the mouth a couple of times too.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
He's had a damn good career in a brutal sport. I just wish he'd managed to get that F1 championship title he got so close to. I also wished he'd smacked that man-child Vettel in the mouth a couple of times too.

I doubt that Webber would have won the WDC in 2010 - Dr Marko had Seb as his golden child and would make sure that he would win (see Turkey and Britain 2010). Seb post red bull is a really good bloke (watch his press conferences from 2015 onwards and the post race interview in Canada this year alongside Lewis Hamilton). Dr Marko was one of the main reasons why Webber wasn't WDC in 2010 (along with that strategy call in Abu Dhabi 2010, Turkey 2010 and Korea 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.