• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Foxsports Fantasy $$ comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
For the last 7 or 8 years, a few of us have been participating in a $$ league in the FoxSports comp. We tend to have about 3 or 4 prize winners each year and it adds a bit more spice than winning a Fox package for a few months!

This years buy-in is a $100, you end up on a email list with the other participants to keep track of most things. There are only 20 spots up for grabs and we normally have around 16-18 each year. First in best dressed. PM me for more info and sign-up details.

The comp is run in match play mode.

Beware it is very addictive, and there are some things you need to sacrifice like having friends, a sex-life, normal hours, Fridays etc

NB This is not the regular GAGR comp, but you can enter both.

NB This is not endorsed by GAGR or Fox or anyone else for that matter, it is just a bunch of mates looking to add some spice to the Fox Comp.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Here’s the list of Byes from Round 2.

2. Sharks
3. Highlanders
4. Chiefs
5. Hurricanes
6. Brumbies/Waratahs/Blues
7. Sunwolves/Jaguares/Reds
8. Bulls/Rebels/Highlanders
9. Stormers/Lions/Crusaders
10. Hurricanes
11. Sharks/Waratahs/Chiefs
12. Sunwolves/Brumbies/Reds
13. Jaguares
14. Rebels
15. Blues
16. South African teams
17. Crusaders
18. Lions
19. Stormers

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Lots of injuries this year, so do your homework. They seem to be falling into the 2/3 week category or the season ending category.

On top of $$ comp we also have a free head to head comp (not the official GaGR one) but a comp nonetheless

Code is S3LXTMSE, limited to 20 spots and there’s about 5 left

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
For the last 7 or 8 years,

there are some things you need to sacrifice like having friends, a sex-life, normal hours, Fridays etc

Or the time to allocate to coaching a successful rugby team?

Imagine if the Steamers Committee discovered this. Maybe they were on to something?

#conspiracytheoryinaction #coachmickr #steamers4lyf

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Or the time to allocate to coaching a successful rugby team?

Imagine if the Steamers Committee discovered this. Maybe they were on to something?

#conspiracytheoryinaction #coachmickr #steamers4lyf

Yes I suspect that the intersection between Fantasy Rugby coaching and Not So Fantasy Rugby coaching collided in 2016 (not so much 2014/15) I hear it’s more things change the more they stay the same at Steamer land this year. Some old faces back in the fold - on and off the field

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Yes I suspect that the intersection between Fantasy Rugby coaching and Not So Fantasy Rugby coaching collided in 2016 (not so much 2014/15) I hear it’s more things change the more they stay the same at Steamer land this year. Some old faces back in the fold - on and off the field

Ha ha, Yes mate, there are some familiar faces back on board across a few clubs this season which should make for a more competitive season, particularly at the top end.

It'll be interesting to see what happens over the first month of the competition, I see the first 5-6 weeks being really important for a number of clubs. The Phantoms will still be a classy team and those early games can really come back to bite clubs later in the season.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Don’t forget your Captain and Vice-Captain, everyone should know by now how to maximize those points.

In other news we still have a couple of spots open in our $$ comp and our free comp

Status
Not open for further replies.