• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Broken?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It's fine on Tapatalk but using the browser there is a black border around the screen, no-ones Avatars are showing, and generally the functionality is limited e.g. if you hover over the alerts the drop downs don't show up, you have to click through to a new page to see them. It's the same on both Chrome and Explorer.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
It's fine on Tapatalk but using the browser there is a black border around the screen, no-ones Avatars are showing, and generally the functionality is limited e.g. if you hover over the alerts the drop downs don't show up, you have to click through to a new page to see them. It's the same on both Chrome and Explorer.

Other than some Avatars missing all looks fine for me on the browser using chrome

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Other than some Avatars missing all looks fine for me on the browser using chrome

It's not. Even posting a reply is a challenge. Slim started the thread and myself and WOB are both experiencing issues. It's not like we're 3 newbies who don't know what it should look like.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I don't have tapatalk but I'm getting the same issues with Safari on my iPad & whatever browser wifeys tablet uses, but the avatars come & go e.g. yesterday I couldn't see dru's but could see Sully's, today it's totally vice versa. A first world problem for sure, but it's reassuring to know my beloved iPad isn't the issue :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Banner is back to normal but still no avatar & others come & go during the day. Can't "upload a file" when posting & drop-downs don't work. Lastly, tried to "download tapatalk" when prompted on logging in yesterday but couldn't get to the "install" page.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
to make matters worse it sounds like photobucket is doing a last throes cashgrab before it goes under:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/4/15919224/photobucket-broken-images-amazon-ebay-etsy-paid-update

$400 a year! wft. I pay $24 p/a to keep my modestly small USS Dismal Photobuket chundering along at a steady 2 knots out off the Cape of Good Cock.

4,000+ pics in the hull. If I have to laboriously update 500 photo essays and 8,000 fuckhead fake news stories then jesus fucking christ.

alternatibes look to be

imgur
tiny pic
smugmug
postImage

Photobucket_zps83ae8d4c.jpg

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
no more formatting options now. just a box to post in. guess we have to do all the HTML shit ourselves? yeah right. no more pics, photo essays, fake news stories or daft font colours/sizes. wft. I think I'm done

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
no more formatting options now. just a box to post in. guess we have to do all the HTML shit ourselves? yeah right. no more pics, photo essays, fake news stories or daft font colours/sizes. wft. I think I'm done

If it's any comfort, it's not personal. Many / most of us are similarly fcuked. ;)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
That's a BOLD move for you Dismal
gahh! where did you get that emboldening paint? fucken secret cache? there'll be a black market for that shit at this rate. here, let me try out my rudimentary HTML skillz: * FUCK, the "Preview" button is busted too bugger bugger bugger bugger on the bright side, did locate GAGR's sole website technician:
Redneck_toilet.jpg
"What? You want a bigger picture? Yeah well bigger f**ken picture this. C**t."

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Michael, Cyclo, TOCC, Braveheart, dru, Warpath, Gaffachino, Fatprop, Brumby Runner, Inside Shoulder, Brian WestlakeSlim 293 and yours truly all have avatars intact (or at least visible to me)

The site appears to be operating normally for me.

Hope this helps.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The new 'do you really want to like this post' feature is a tad frustrating when you're scrolling through your phone. Although if the aim was to make more judicious likers and eliminate the incidence of the 'spur of the moment like' it's done the trick for me.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Michael, Cyclo, TOCC, Braveheart, dru, Warpath, Gaffachino, Fatprop, Brumby Runner, Inside Shoulder, Brian WestlakeSlim 293 and yours truly all have avatars intact (or at least visible to me)

The site appears to be operating normally for me.

Hope this helps.

On top of this the avatarless icons still work for me. I would hazard a guess that some avatars can be seen because their image sizes are smaller but I expect this is a bit of a rudimentary contribution and the resident tech heads know much more.