• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Broken?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If PR is anything to go by, a post wipe is a cyclical happening on most message boards

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
For what it's worth I know Moses spent an absolute shit load of time getting the site to work the way we wanted it to. But aside from that I have no idea how simple or complex the repair might be.

A complete build can take some time. There are a number of variables.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Moses spent an absolute shit load of time getting the site to work
moses3.jpg

"Just push these two buttons at the same time and it should come right."

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not suggesting a one-shot toll back of everything. Is it possible to do an audit of what database changes have occurred? Is it possible to restore everything to a DR state of the system and then progressively re-install each update to this DRsystem and see what changes have occurred? I'm assuming that user contributed content goes into the DB. I would have thought they there can't have been too many changes applied since the Tea Trolley disaster.In fact a file comp between the current system and the system as installed when the system was stable could be quite instructive.

Aren't the GAGR sysytems installed on a self - hosted server? This may complicate things depending on the backup regime is use.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The guys who have the answers are rareky on the forum these days. The all consuming negativity may have driven them away.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Not suggesting a one-shot toll back of everything. Is it possible to do an audit of what database changes have occurred? Is it possible to restore everything to a DR state of the system and then progressively re-install each update to this DRsystem and see what changes have occurred? I'm assuming that user contributed content goes into the DB. I would have thought they there can't have been too many changes applied since the Tea Trolley disaster.In fact a file comp between the current system and the system as installed when the system was stable could be quite instructive.

Aren't the GAGR sysytems installed on a self - hosted server? This may complicate things depending on the backup regime is use.

Depends on the issue(s). Could require something relatively simple like dropping the DBs and create them anew. Or a complete rollback (they're may be a way of doing it selectively but I'm no DB expert and it could depend on which tech stack they've used to build it).

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The guys who have the answers are rareky on the forum these days. The all consuming negativity may have driven them away.
Can understand them if they're just said ah stuff it. On the othrr hand I might in in the position to help in terms of hosting and the provision of minor tech support.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
"Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software.
That software must be made of rock-solid Gunstonite installed by Stevie Wonder. In the dark.

The "upgrade" seems to have erased the "who's online" stats on the right and left all the other non-functioning broken shit.... still non-functioning and broken.

gagrflow_zpsne25uius.png

Although on the bright side, shit has got a lot wiiiiider

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Well, for some reason I haven't been able to login on my phone via Tapatalk today.......getting a message " System Message - Tapatalk is disabled in this forum, please contact the forum administrator for more."

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Well, for some reason I haven't been able to login on my phone via Tapatalk today...getting a message " System Message - Tapatalk is disabled in this forum, please contact the forum administrator for more."
I get a different tapatalk issue. It says it doesn’t recognise my email, then asks me to log in manually. When I try to do that it brings up an error message saying ‘Server error occurred[mysqli prepared error: Table ‘gagr_forum.xf_tapatalk_users’ doesn’t exist]

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
I get a different tapatalk issue. It says it doesn’t recognise my email, then asks me to log in manually. When I try to do that it brings up an error message saying ‘Server error occurred[mysqli prepared error: Table ‘gagr_forum.xf_tapatalk_users’ doesn’t exist]

Yep. I'm getting that message too.