• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Let the competition begin!

I have created a league on Foxsports, and you can find the home page here

The code is 47-3309 and the league name is Green and Gold Rugby.

All players are welcome, and if you have never played fantasy before then don't fear. This thread is a great source of tips and tricks, as well as info on players and strategies to use throughout the season.

The prize for the overall comp is $5K, which was won last year by a G&GR player! (Except it was $10K last season). So anything is possible.

We may have a prize for the G&GR League winner as well. So there really is no excuse not to play.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
First thing I have noticed this year is a big drop in prizemoney. The main prize has halved, and the weekly prize is now a paltry $100. But I suppose no-one is really doing it for the money.

Also the one scoring change they were publicising was prop tries are now worth 15. I am not sure how I feel about that. Certainly it will reduce the point-scoring of workhorse props like Franks, Steenkamp etc, and increase the scoring of the more flashy props- eg Ben Alexander, Coenie Oosthuizen etc. I suppose it is only a 5 point difference so it won't really be felt too much. Seems more like an arbitrary change just to say they changed something.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
The weekly prize is still $1,000
http://superrugbyfantasy.foxsports.com.au/prizes/
If you’re the Fantasy manager with the highest number of Fantasy points for an individual Fantasy Round, you’ll snag yourself $1,000 cash. So it’s never too late to register and play for cash prizes!

Which is cool, cause I won it in week 1 last year (thanks to KB (Kurtley Beale), Shmoo, and the Queensland Reds for basically sucking)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Oooh shiny, they've dumped flash and redone the interface in HTML5

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Hmmm, according to the page here it says the prize is only 100, on the right hand side.

If you’re the Fantasy manager with the highest number of Fantasy points for an individual Fantasy Round, you’ll snag yourself $100 cash.

Interesting.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
T&Cs have $100 as well, looks like they just haven't updated the fist page yet
http://superrugbyfantasy.foxsports.com.au/terms-and-conditions/

Last year rabobank was "bankrolling" the comp, wonder who is paying this year.

Each participant who scores the highest number of points (out of all participants in the Promotion) for an individual Fantasy Round will win A$100 (TopRound Score Prize). The maximum value of all Top Round Score Prizes (21 x A$100) is A$2,100. For the avoidance of doubt, the winner of a Fantasy Round is not the participant with the highest cumulative total points up to the end of that Fantasy Round; rather, the participant who scores the highest number of points during that individual Fantasy Round.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
unfortunately I must concede your probably right. We sucked in terms of statistics / fantasy points that game, didn't stop us from playing the "out of the arse card" and winning the game lol. $1000 is a pretty damn good prize for a little fantasy game eh

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
unfortunately I must concede your probably right. We sucked in terms of statistics / fantasy points that game, didn't stop us from playing the "out of the arse card" and winning the game lol. $1000 is a pretty damn good prize for a little fantasy game eh

And if he wins again this year I say it should go on the bar at G&GR drinks....:p

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
As I posted in the other thread (which I will close now)...

OK so I have had a look at the rules and it appears the changes are as follows:

- Front Rowers get 4 points if they play over 60 minutes, other forwards get 3. Previously every player got only 2 points for over 60 played.

- Front Rowers get 15 points for a try, other forwards get 12. Previously this was only 10.

- Front Rowers get 2 points for a tackle, used to be only 1.

- Front Rowers get 7 points for a tighthead, and lose 3 for conceding one. From memory it used to be 10 points for a tighthead, and a loss of 5 for conceding one.

- And my favourite change is this "A try assist may be awarded to a player assisting in scoring the try, but not every try scored may be awarded a try assist." Previously the points for try assists went to the player who threw the final pass, regardless of their role in setting up the try. This rule change should see more points for 5/8ths and x-factor players who create tries (or score them singlehandedly) but don't necessarily throw the final pass.

That seems to be the only changes. It means that you can no longer save money by throwing in a couple of $75K props and hope they play 80 and make a few tackles, as they would never be that far behind the top props. Now you could have props pulling down consistent scores in the 20s and 30s, so good ones are essential.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'll hopefully be on this later. Right now the new Fantasy Page refuses to sign me in, clicked log in over & over again (with password & name typed in) to no avail. So hopefully the website or maybe my lame lap top will respond at some point.

S

spooony

Waratahs scrummie,,,,,, Top try scorer but also missed the most tackles last year ....... fact

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'll hopefully be on this later. Right now the new Fantasy Page refuses to sign me in, clicked log in over & over again (with password & name typed in) to no avail. So hopefully the website or maybe my lame lap top will respond at some point.

That's what happens to me in firefox. But in IE it works fine.

Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.