• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR RWC Fantasy League

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Anyone interested in setting up a RWC Fantasy Tipping Comp?

I don't have the smarts to do it, but am interested in joining if someone sets one up...

<edit>

Name = Green and Gold Rugby
Code = 3524-4072

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sounds like it will be a pretty simple game of picking players against the minnows.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using Tapatalk

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think Fox are setting one up as they did with the Super and TN. I don't really understand them, but they seem like a hell of a lot of effort.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It took me a few times to get it working. The first couple of times I logged in it diverted me to Fantasy Super Rugby or Fantasy NRL. Eventually it worked.

Does someone from the site want to set up a G&GR League? Alternatively, I don't mind doing it, but I'm very new around here.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Team setup all ready to go, didn't have any problems setting it up, but they do have some players in there that aren't in the squads. Beau Robinson for example....maybe they expect him to join later..

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I think that with that this one will be a cracker- according to the rules you can have no more than 3 players from each nation

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I got a bunch of NH players so cheap, the likes of Sean O'Brien, Richie Gray, Morgan Parra and Warburton. You can tell whoever made it doesn't have that great of an idea about the European players.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I've also created a Head to Head league

G&GR Head 2 Head
3562-4080

It will only fit 8 players but this can be changed to unlimited if the interest is high.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Joined both leagues.

Does anyone know how many transfers one can make each round? And will there be unlimited changes when the quarters, semis, and final start?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Players...so many players...

Trying to figure out whether to go with players I know or take a punt on a few outside backs from Fiji & Scotland who I think could rack up some big scores. I'd like to know who Namibia & Romania have played leading up to the cup & what sort of style they play to have a better idea. Looking forward to RWC.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
People
Should I make the head to head league unlimited or leave it at 8.
I think if we leave it at 8 everyone's team will have a chance to play each other. We can always just create more Head 2 Head leagues.
If it is unlimited then everyone joins in with a final at the end to determine the winner but your team wont go against everyone else.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The tricky part with this RWC competition in comparision with previous ones is the fact there are teams having byes in each round, and with only four transfers allowed for each pool round, the selection of substitutes are even more crucial.

Perhaps it's wise to arm oneself with information as to those having byes in that particular round as well as the next one before finalising your team each time?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Looking into this further, I notice whilst Samoa is having is listed as having its bye in the first round as per Foxsports, it is playing twice in the second week i.e. on 14th against Namibia then four days later on the Sunday against Wales.

So I wonder what and when will be the cut off for the third round of transfers (first being now, second after the first round) will be ... is it possible that Samoa, for example, could play two games (and thereby its players score extra points) that week, Fantasy team wise?

It's like around 15 or so hours after the Oz v Ireland match finishes for the next round of games to start i.e. namely Samoa v Wales...doesn't leave much time for one to make transfers or to make good judgements post hangover?

(EDIT: Just found a new set of fixtures in the Foxsports website...there is actually a break between the two Samoa games after all, so their Wales match is in 3rd round after all...but it means having to make transfers in a short space of time and not knowing the injury/team selection situation for teams playing much later in the week in that same round)

(Looking still further, it seems Romania will be playing twice in 'round 4', firstly against England then Georgia...don't think the Romanian players would score too many points against England to start with...although their frontrowers might be worth a punt if they can score from two games for a healthy total) (Australia has a bye in that round 4, so replace them with the Romanian forwards then transfer them back!)

Status
Not open for further replies.