• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR's Best Australian Club Rugby Try Promotion - Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
We're all really excited about the G&GR Best Australian Club Rugby Try Promotion and more than willing to help out with any questions you may have about putting your footage on the Internet.

If you have any questions at all, please ask and we'll do our best to help you enter. We have put together some Frequently Asked Questions below, and if your question is not covered there please either post in our forums, or send an email to clubtry@greenandgoldrugby.com

G

GAGR

How do I use Youtube

There is a good and simple guide to using putting your video's on youtube here. If you have further questions, please post in our forums and we'll endevour to assist all entrants.

G

GAGR

How do I edit my video footage?

To prepare your footage for youtube you will need to edit it. This could involve shortening the footage to the lead up and the actual try, then replaying any skillful parts of the movement in slow motion.

Many version of Windows already include "Windows Movie Maker" which is generally found on the Start Menu under Programs, Accessories. There is a handy guide to this program here, and we are more than happy to help users with any questions which they post in our forums.

If you are running an Apple computer, iMovie is one of many available software packages that will allow you to edit video footage. There is a handy guide to this program here, and we are more than happy to help users with any questions which they post in our forums.

G

GAGR

How long should my submission be?

Each entry should showcase one try, and you can enter as many times as you like. As a general guide entries will be a few minutes.

G

GAGR

Should I include a soundtrack?

The focus of this competition is on the try, and while all editorial decisions are up to the submitter, you wont get any credit for including a sound track.

If do include a sound track, please ensure that you have rights to use the track. Use of commercial music will invalidate your submission under the terms of the competition. Youtube actively search uploaded clips for copyright infringement and having your video pulled from youtube will invalidate your entry in this competition.

G

GAGR

When do monthly entries close?

All entries must be posted online in the manner required and received by the Promoter by 11:59pm (AEST) on each of the following days:
a) April Try of the Month – entries posted no later than Friday 30 April 2010
b) May Try of the Month – entries posted no later than Friday 28 May 2010
c) June Try of the Month – entries posted no later than Friday 2 July 2010
d) July Try of the Month – entries posted no later than Friday 30 July 2010
e) August Try of the Month – entries posted no later than Friday 27 August 2010
f) September Try of the Month – entries posted no later than Friday 24 September 2010

T

TOCC

does anyone have any suggestion of a good format converter, i have footage in .vob format but windows move maker wont recognise it. Also, what is the best format for size/quality if uploading it onto youtube?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Is it .vob as in from a CD? Then have you copied the .vob files from the CD to your Hard Disk? I have had some luck in the past just renaming the .vob files to .mpg (make a copy first!) and see if that works.

Otherwise you can "rip" the CD directly into MPEG2 format, there is an open source tool called DVD Decrypter that is good for this. I'll dig up a guide on how to do it, just off to a meeting onw..

T

TOCC

Moses said:
Is it .vob as in from a CD? Then have you copied the .vob files from the CD to your Hard Disk? I have had some luck in the past just renaming the .vob files to .mpg (make a copy first!) and see if that works.

Otherwise you can "rip" the CD directly into MPEG2 format, there is an open source tool called DVD Decrypter that is good for this. I'll dig up a guide on how to do it, just off to a meeting onw..

yeah its off a dvd, i didnt actually film the game, another guy did and gave me a dvd copy, i said i would have a look at pulling it apart and putting some videos up on the net

C

chief

Just wondering, does it have to be just club or can it be social rugby like golden oldies or school matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.