• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GAGR Coverage of 2015 NRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hi all,

last year GAGR covered the NRC better than any other media unit out there. We had the support of a great bunch of supporters who stuck their hand up and either wrote reviews or previews or took photos.

If you are keen to stick your hand up to help out this year, please send me a direct message and let me know (including team and which discipline).

We make it easy with you in terms of templates for match reviews and previews.

Media accreditation through the ARU will also be available.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I've been focused on the Shield till now, may be able to help but have also stuck my hand out to help a team so unsure what would happen there. Will let you know soon-ish

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I've started a convo with a few of the Rebel types who might be interested in NRC writing for Rising matches. So far I've got 22 Metri and KevinO, but both have limited availability. If anyone is interested PM me. I'm planning to target a few Rebels people :)

FWIW I'm planning to attend every 'home' Rising match, so worst case you get to hear form me four times over NRC. There could be worse things in the world.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Just on the coverage side. Don't know if this was done last season but have you considered a G&GR NRC Twitter handle? Just doing a quick search and couldn't find either an NRC or G&GR one. They're leaving a big gap in the social media element here.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That would be a good idea, do live scores with updates each score for every game. It could be the go-to account to follow.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
That would be a good idea, do live scores with updates each score for every game. It could be the go-to account to follow.

Would add to the game day experience particularly for those watching via streams. Done right and it could help build a sense of atmosphere. Social media is a hugely powerful tool that's being neglected here.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
There's a NRC page but outside a blurb about the competition there's no content. There's literally so much that could be done to improve upon that.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Anyone willing to set up a Twitter handle? If not, I'll set one up for the Rams games as I'll be able to get to at least 3 of their home games this season.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I've always felt that segmenting your social is a bad idea, the main handle gets through to alot more people and most articles would be re tweeted or tweeted out by various people such as @NRC_australia

Kate Elizabeth

Herbert Moran (7)
I've always felt that segmenting your social is a bad idea, the main handle gets through to alot more people and most articles would be re tweeted or tweeted out by various people such as @NRC_australia

Definitely right. With the teams that have solid marketing support they will be tracking the main # and retweeting from this.
With teams without this, they will need strength in the core # and brand - to grow the footprint of NRC we need to stick to one core message/stream/hashtag

GAGR awareness will naturally flow from this - building on our coverage last year and our ability to change the conversation and start a new one (Ranfurly)

T

TOCC

I think it depends on the content, i agree that typically fragmenting your social media base isn't the right choice, but if the content what your providing differs and its hard to justify using them on both then it mightn't be a bad decision.

Do all followers of GAGR Twitter handle want to be bombarded with regular score updates on NRC matches?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
If it's half time and full time results I'd just go with the GAGR account. Could do more detail come finals time

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I bet that, since it has 'breast' in the link, and it's posted on a male-dominated site, there will be lots of clicks.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Followed the link and......

"OOPS! THAT PAGE CAN’T BE FOUND."

But wait, there's more:

"Most Used Categories

Brain (4)
Weight Loss (3)
Probiotic (3)
Skin Care (2)
Male Enhancement (2)
Bodybuilding (1)