• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GAGR Sydney Christmas drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cheers for the drinks, this whole sitting around and talking to "mature" adults, might really catch on

Cheers Patrick

Great to meet you, Patrick, and I very much enjoyed our chat. Hopefully catch up at some games next year.

Reactions: DK

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I've thought of attending one of these sessions, but then I get concerned. You know when you've read a book then gone and watched the movie of the book and it's not quite how you imagined it?
What happens if Fatprop is really just a half back
What if Pfitzy is really just a sensitive guy keen to save the world by giving everyone a hug?
Well I guess I have 12 months to pluck up the courage and attend the next Sydney drinks. Sounds like a good night.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It WAS a good night, p.T. And you're very welcome to join us next year.

Nice to see a few newbies at one of our shindigs. A young Greek fella, Andronicus or somesuch, fronted up for the first time, dragged his brother (Vittoria?) along with him. Some interstate interlopers must've got lost, we fed and watered Brumby Jack from Canberra and Sully and Red Slug from the Gold Coast. Now you lot know what a decent G&GR Christmas do looks like..... Was there a spy from Auckland lurking? Had a chat with a slim gentleman who went by the name fatprop, dunno why he'd call himself that. :confused: The usual hipsters, WaratahJesus, Pfitzy, cyclo, Gagger and Gibbo (and RugbyFuture and rugbysmartarse, apologies, G and S), fronted, Braveheart FINALLY did some work at the coalface (which prevented him from appearing before 5:30), Moses didn't have to reboot anything (cute new whiskers, A), Nutta's a real person, surprisingly, and he's a fellow Waggatah! Cam Blades held court on scrummaging matters, I listened a bit until my head started to hurt (I was a back.....). But the prize for the longest distance for an attendee goes to John from Connecticut, a lurker on G&GR who just happened to be in Sydney last Monday. Well done, John.

Merry Christmas to all Gaggerlanders, may your team prosper in 2016 (except against my beloved Tahs), your beer be cold and your women (or men) be hot. I'm off to the sporting capital of the western world, Wagga Wagga, on Boxing Day for some r & r.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It was wondered out loud on more then one occasion what Jeremy Tilse did for the Tahs. I think this answers the question
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sailing...head-of-sydney-to-hobart-20151223-glu3u6.html
1450866656658.jpg

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I've thought of attending one of these sessions, but then I get concerned. You know when you've read a book then gone and watched the movie of the book and it's not quite how you imagined it?
What happens if Fatprop is really just a half back
What if Pfitzy is really just a sensitive guy keen to save the world by giving everyone a hug?
Well I guess I have 12 months to pluck up the courage and attend the next Sydney drinks. Sounds like a good night.

The scary thing is that I am now smaller than pro half back at 183 & 88kgs

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
In the absence of a "Christmas wishes" thread, and seeing as Lindommer has sent his Christmas message here, may I also wish all our members, and Rugby fans in general a happy and safe Christmas-New year, and a prosperous, and rewarding 2016.
I know it will be a "building year" (love that phrase), for our Reds, so I'm not expecting too much from them!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
To all my Christian friends have a merry Christmas. To the rest of us have a great day with your family.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is November next week and diaries for the end of the year are already becoming full,

With the season officially over, it is time for @Lindommer and the Usual Suspects to step up and make the booking for the annual Sydney Chapter Chrissie Get together.

Where and When?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'll get on to it next week, date preferences noted.

This year I'd like to see Hugh Jarse FINALLY appear, barbarian not cry off with some other commitment and ShtinaTina and Moses wow us with their hilarity. Intrastate/interstate visitors most welcome (nice to see Sully and RedSlug at last year's do, please return).

Status
Not open for further replies.