• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Tokyo Vice on SBS is fast moving and very entertaining, if not particularly layered or complex. Those are all positives in my household after watching Fleishman is in Trouble which was brilliant but confrontingly introspective as it went on.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Tokyo Vice on SBS is fast moving and very entertaining, if not particularly layered or complex. Those are all positives in my household after watching Fleishman is in Trouble which was brilliant but confrontingly introspective as it went on.
Awesome show. Have gone and listened to some Podcasts with Jake Adelstein as the guest.

Season 2 is being made which I'm cheering about.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Really? I got quite bored with Tokyo, it was big budget but I found the main dude to be such a bore and not a great actor. The supporting characters were so much more interesting, stopped after 4 episodes.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Really? I got quite bored with Tokyo, it was big budget but I found the main dude to be such a bore and not a great actor. The supporting characters were so much more interesting, stopped after 4 episodes.
That would be coincidentally just before when I thought it reached its highest points.

The last two episodes have ended on Breaking Bad like crescendos which I thoroughly enjoyed. Though I also liked the first 4 eps well enough so I guess different strokes and all that.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Definitely a slow burn that starts rolling towards the end. I personally enjoy shows that have this pace and take time to do little bits of detail. At certain times the pace of it reminded me of Mind Hunter which was another favourite I want brought back for another season.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Definitely a slow burn that starts rolling towards the end. I personally enjoy shows that have this pace and take time to do little bits of detail. At certain times the pace of it reminded me of Mind Hunter which was another favourite I want brought back for another season.
Absolutely love Mindhunter, surely levels above Tokyo Vice. Sadly I don't think it'll ever be renewed, it hasn't been officially cancelled but it's in limbo.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Line of Duty - Netflix. Enjoyed it a lot. If you like British drama, you should like it. Not all the shiny objects and explosions of every US cop drama.
bent coppers!!
Good stuff but tails off in the last season. Final episode feels like they were forced to write it after concluding the story. Think there's another season coming which I will watch but with not too much anticipation.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
bent coppers!!
Good stuff but tails off in the last season. Final episode feels like they were forced to write it after concluding the story. Think there's another season coming which I will watch but with not too much anticipation.
Definitely felt like they wrapped it up. Ep 2-5 really good

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
bent coppers!!

The third season is still the best for me. The Caddy reveal - I had to watch it twice to take in all the twists and turns.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
My current watchlist is Power S6 and Better Caul Saul final mini-season. Loving both.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Slow Horses on Apple TV is great. Season 2 is also better than season 1.
I wouldn't say it is a great show but I found Hunters on Amazon Prime pretty enjoyable. It's about Nazi Hunters.
The Bear on Disney was great although neither my wife nor I thought the ending of season 1 was strong. Season 2 is coming later this year.

Ted Lasso season 3 starts in a couple of days on Apple TV. Amazing show!

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
The Bear was pretty unique for me in that it held my undivided attention the whole time. I was surprised though that a second season is coming given it felt like a moment in time with a degree of finality.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Last of Us has started off pretty bloody well
Was a 10/10 telly show
Slow Horses on Apple TV is great.
Another perfect 10. Gary Oldman, a superb bastard's bastard.

Currently also on:

Mandalorian: epic landscapes. who needs dialogue
Succession: the GOAT
Rabbit Hole. new Jack Bauer thing. Promising start
The Power: amazing start. Sounds ludicrous but the premise is that teenage girls discover they can electrocute people. Hoping for a sort of inversed Handmaid's Tale and the teen chix get medieval on the patriachy

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Deutschland 83, Deutschland 86 and Deutschland 89 now on STAN. Need to watch them in order for continuity. Follows activities in the East German Stasi in the years before and after the fall of the Wall.

Doubting Thomas

Stan Wickham (3)
We’re watching Silo on AppleTV at the moment 9 of the 10 episodes have been released so far. Really enjoying it.

Looking for something else… what’s new and engaging?