• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Has anyone done Making a Murderer yet?

I really don't want to get Netflix, with a Foxtel subscription it seems excessive to have Netflix as well, but the reviews are just raving.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I've watched the first 2 episodes and it's pretty addictive. Will knock over a few more episodes with the wife tonight.

I have foxtel and get Netflix when I have a bit of time off, school holidays, so I'm not paying for it all year. Allows me to binge on entire series in a day or two.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just finished Jessica Jones and looking forward to Making a Murderer. Enjoyed JJ a whole lot.

Have been watching Mr Robot on Fox. Can't say I've been able to follow the whole plot, but it is a good story line and has me in. Think there's a bit of Fight Club going on.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Finished Making a Murderer on the weekend and it was really compelling. Started watching JJ last night, seems ok.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Finished Making a Murderer on the weekend and it was really compelling. Started watching JJ last night, seems ok.

While I enjoyed JJ I think it should have been a few episodes shorter in its season. I found I got to episode 8 and then sort of lost a little bit of enthusiam for the next three before coming back in the last 2.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Started watching 'F is for Family'. While I struggled through BoJack Horseman until the episode 'Live Fast Die Nyugen' where it picked up quite a lot (2nd season was much better overall) I couldn't help but just hate this one.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Almost finished "The Fall" with Gillian Anderson and the guy from 50 Shades of Grey. It's really good. Looking forward to the final episode that I'll watch tonight.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Started watching 'F is for Family'. While I struggled through BoJack Horseman until the episode 'Live Fast Die Nyugen' where it picked up quite a lot (2nd season was much better overall) I couldn't help but just hate this one.
Agreed, Bill Burr is a great comedian but i thought F is for family was cringey and unoriginal. Kind of like an animated version of married with children.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Just finished watching Daredevil season 1. I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to watching Jessica Jones now which I hear is also good. Need to do a little bit of convincing to get my wife on board as she didn't like Daredevil nearly as much as I did.

Almost finished watching Black Mirror. What a headfuck. Great show and each episode falls somewhere between mildly disturbing and unbelievably disturbing.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Watched the first episode of The Last Kingdom last night. I really enjoyed it. Will probably watch a few more episodes this week as Mrs Jets is out a few nights.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wife got the NetFlix back on so I've watched

The Last Kingdom - really enjoyed it, even if the books were a sight better.

Marco Polo - including the backstory "100 Eyes" and I found that quite entertaining.

Can't wait for Season 2 of both of these. Vikings is back soon, too!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Also enjoyed Marco Polo, though there's better reading to be had in Marco Polo - From Venice to Xanadu.

Have recently started watching Occupied on Netflix. Storyline has Russia occupying Norway at the behest of the EU to ensure oil production continues. Has subtitles, but is a good yarn and recommended.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I know I'm completely late to the party, but have been watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought it would be aterrible adaption of story lines from the realted movies, but has been quite good to watch. Almost done with season 2, 3 ready to go.

Waiting for Feb 12 for TWD to come back.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Comic book hat on. JJ fell short of both Daredevil, and the source comic alias. Doesn't mean it was bad, it was excellent, but both those were simply amazing.

TV hat on? Yes. Amazaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Just finished and really enjoyed Dare Devil. Took forever to watch. Watch 10mins, stop to settle crying baby, watch 10mins, settle crying baby again...and so on

I preferred JJ but it was a good comic book adaption, however I couldn't work out why he just didn't turn out the lights when he fought people. Would have made his job much easier.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I know I'm completely late to the party, but have been watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought it would be aterrible adaption of story lines from the realted movies, but has been quite good to watch. Almost done with season 2, 3 ready to go.

Waiting for Feb 12 for TWD to come back.
It was average television for the first season. Stan Lee cameo was nice, couple of appearance from comic book figures was nice too (Sif, Fury and Hill from the movies, Hand for show only). But the Winter Soldier crossover really kickstarted it, albeit the foundation had been laid in the couple of Episodes leading up to that.

Season 2 continued the upward trajectory, in no small part due to the brilliant addition of Kyle MacLouglan to the cast.

You should continue to enjoy it. Season 3a just keeps rolling along. The best bit about it is the streamlining, in the previous two seasons, a plot thread would take 6-10 episodes to run its full course, so far, it generally gets in done in 2-4, without it feeling rushed.

While I'm back on Comic Books, Legends of Tommorow is dumb. It's fun dumb though. Former Doctor Who companion, Arthur Darvill, plays Rip Hunter, a Renegade Time Master, with a british accent, a long coat and a handheld device that makes funny noises, who stole a Time Machine. Sounds familiar yes, but largely the similarities end. He picks up 8 minor heroes/villains (among them the 2 main guys from Prison Break) to stop big bad immortal guy, and they travel through different time periods trying to stop him. Nonsense science, cheesy dialogue, and either a writing, directing or editing team that doesn't understand how to use an ensemble cast, but if I wanted high brow television, I wouldn't be watching broadcast television Superhero shows.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's almost an overwhelming amount of commitment so I've not watched this current season of both, but I've watched up to 3 of Arrow and 1 of Flash.

I like them well enough. Arrow Season 2 remains my favourite. The writing staff found their groove, and Manu Bennett and Summer Glau were quality additions to the cast, despite the lack of John Barrowman. Flash did the job of balancing the serious with the funny a lot better than arrow though, plus has the genuine Superpowers, and stole some of the best writers, so it was no surprise that 1 of Flash was better than 3 of Arrow. Slightly disappointing that the DC film Universe isn't using the established writing, as both the headliners and some of the stories are really good, but I guess that a number of things, in particular, the League of Assassins and Ras al Ghul really need to be there to explore in a Batman or general DC feature.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Flash did the job of balancing the serious with the funny a lot better than arrow though, plus has the genuine Superpowers, and stole some of the best writers, so it was no surprise that 1 of Flash was better than 3 of Arrow.

Would it surprise to find out that Arrow only exists because they wanted to make Flash.