• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Greatest rugby articles (with a Welsh example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
There is probably a thread for this topic somewhere else on the forum, so if appropriate, please merge this thread with that.

I read this article on gwlad this morning. For those who haven't heard of gwlad, it's the Welsh equivalent of GAGR - I thought I would check it out to see how they were handling yesterday's result, and I fully expected to see an absolute diatribe adorning their front page (which is what I would have written, were I Welsh).

This, however, is something else entirely.

http://gwladrugby.com/?p=719

I thought I'd draw the attention of the board to it, and ask people if they had any favourite rugby articles of their own. Given the crap that we normally have to put up with, I think it's refreshing to see the occasional piece that reads more like art than a match report.

Finally (and somewhat painfully) good luck to the Wallabies today. I hope it's an excellent match, and may the best team win.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
There is probably a thread for this topic somewhere else on the forum, so if appropriate, please merge this thread with that.

I read this article on gwlad this morning. For those who haven't heard of gwlad, it's the Welsh equivalent of GAGR - I thought I would check it out to see how they were handling yesterday's result, and I fully expected to see an absolute diatribe adorning their front page (which is what I would have written, were I Welsh).

This, however, is something else entirely.

http://gwladrugby.com/?p=719

I thought I'd draw the attention of the board to it, and ask people if they had any favourite rugby articles of their own. Given the crap that we normally have to put up with, I think it's refreshing to see the occasional piece that reads more like art than a match report.

Finally (and somewhat painfully) good luck to the Wallabies today. I hope it's an excellent match, and may the best team win.

Third time this has gone up yur mun. See welsh thread. I loves it tho. Actually gwlad chat room has been remarkably lacomic. there were 500 plus online after the game, yet there was generally lots of positives and actually most now looking forward to fridays game with a view to going out on a high and giving ickle a good send off. I love my country. We are amongst the best rugby supporters in the world

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is going to be a very close run thing between fatprop and CardiffBlue for G&GR Annual Award for Avatar of the year. Very good collections from the pair of you. Never fail to get respect from the Jarses.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

It is going to be a very close run thing between fatprop and CardiffBlue for G&GR Annual Award for Avatar of the year. Very good collections from the pair of you. Never fail to get respect from the Jarses.

+1

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
check out www.wait-of-a-nation.com the dude is piss funny and has an interesting POV

Yeah but don't agree. Everyone in wales I know is hoping whoever wins today creams the french next week. think grassroots is going to have to take a deep breath and reconsider this NH vs SH shit and whether it is in te best interests of rugby and not fuelled by vested interests

antony
would hesitate to call Gwl@d the equivalent of this page. more like the lunatic cousin.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Terrific rugby articles there of different types. Thanks for posting them.

This (before the Soweto test) was funny about the ABs quest to beat the record of number of wins in a row: Escape the republic with a win and Hansen/Henry’s men will move to 16 in a row, with only a pub team from Australia to go.

If you see other outstanding rugby articles, especially opinion related, or funny, and from not the usual sources, please post the link or the article itself here.

I may change the name of the thread to Excellent Rugby Articles later on.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Excellent article from Andrew Logan of The Roar after the Rosario test:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/10/08/heart-beale-and-hooper-may-save-deans/

Not least for its giving a link to Green and Gold's blog by Julian Huxley which is here, by the way:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/the-hux-files-donde-estan-la-rugby-smarts/

I liked this funny comment about Craig Joubert:

But in this way he’s like a parking cop who books a mother with a pram and three kids for overstaying her spot by a minute. Someone should tell Joubert that just because you’re right doesn’t mean you’re right.

Status
Not open for further replies.