• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Having no NRC is better how?

JRugby2

Frank Nicholson (4)
It wouldn't. From facilities to coaching it wouldn't get it done.

The concept is loveable, sure. We can look at the tiers of English Soccer and enjoy the lower leagues and the concept but it's a different sport and environment.

Half our Premier Clubs play on fields that have Cricket on them for a start. They lack the infrastructure to provide a professional environment for current pros, Juniors for both male and female players. RA don't have the money to upgrade and then what? Local councils putting in for Rugby Union... good luck when the AFL walk in and say we'll take care of it for you.

I'm a parrot on this but Super Rugby A to me makes the most sense. Use the facilities & Brands we have and bring in the best of Club land, coaches included. If it works you can look at expanding into an extra side in NSW/QLD. If you want to increase the ability of our players it has to be a strong standard. Yes matches played are important but not if its a low standard.

I'd start it after Super Rugby finals so you have the players not selected for the Wallabies shift out which allows a few spots for the best Club players/academy players to move in. You also have a place for Wallabies returning from injury to play during the RC or European tour.

Haven't thought about the exact dates but can it become part of the U16s, U19s Super Season....
I think we're singing from the same song sheet here.