• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Waratahs - Saturday 27 May - 5.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
At least, being at Forsyth-Barr, we can be quite confident that Australian Rugby's Kryptonite, dew, will not be a factor.
Hence, the Cyclo Dew Point will be re-calibrated.
Tahs will score some decent points, but their defence could be anywhere on the scale between wafer biscuits and Ginger-snaps, so I'm instituting the Crumble Point as the official barometer of the Tahs this weekend.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
At least, being at Forsyth-Barr, we can be quite confident that Australian Rugby's Kryptonite, dew, will not be a factor.
Hence, the Cyclo Dew Point will be re-calibrated.
Tahs will score some decent points, but their defence could be anywhere on the scale between wafer biscuits and Ginger-snaps, so I'm instituting the Crumble Point as the official barometer of the Tahs this weekend.

Under the roof though, if it is quite cold outside, we might face our other Kryptonite; Condensation!

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I have a good feeling about this game but, then again, I have good feelings about a lot of games.

Highlanders by 20. Tahs to only show up for 40 minutes, as per.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I have a good feeling about this game but, then again, I have good feelings about a lot of games.

Highlanders by 20. Tahs to only show up for 40 minutes, as per.

The question is which 40 minutes is best for them to turn up in from my perspective.

Is it the first 40 so I still feel like we're a chance of winning at halftime but then finish the game with crushing disappointment?

Is it the second 40 so I know the game is lost but can then enjoy a spirited but ultimately fruitless comeback without any expectation of victory (like the Hurricanes match).

Or is it the middle 40 so I can get some of the disappointment out of the way early and then feel like we're still a chance of winning with 20 minutes to go?

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Oh come on, where is your optimism? It's no fun when the Waratahs supporters are picking a bigger win to the Highlanders than the Highlanders supporters. Surely it can't be that bad? The Clan are playing at home, after a highly successful tour. Top players are returning from injury. A few fringe ABs looking to make an impact. A record winning streak could be extended. What could possibly go wrong?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^ it's OK, chances are you won't get mullered in Dunners. You may get munted, tho :)

Along as we don't get proper fooked.
54328211.jpg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Oh come on, where is your optimism? It's no fun when the Waratahs supporters are picking a bigger win to the Highlanders than the Highlanders supporters. Surely it can't be that bad? The Clan are playing at home, after a highly successful tour. Top players are returning from injury. A few fringe ABs looking to make an impact. A record winning streak could be extended. What could possibly go wrong?

Dew. Dew. DEW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.