• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Home Theatre Setups/Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Hey folks,

I'm trying to get a home theatre PC, server etc going at home so i can record HDTV etc.

We've got three TV's and a PC at home and i want to set up the ability to record Austar and TV, download movies and watch them on one of our TV's. Also, with the teenager of the house, there will definitely be the option of facebook on the 50" plasma (and GAGR of course for yours truly).

Just wondering what sort of a setup you guys have at home and whether anyone has any experience with this sort of thing? ie what sort of PC you use as your home theatre PC, how many do you have, specs, brands, tips etc.

I know that the possibilities are only limited by your budget (and mines pretty tight) I have an old PC that's not being used and am hoping to set something very basic up on that to begin with and then maybe upgrade from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.