• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hooper vs Gill

Hooper vs Gill

• Hooper

Votes: 57 51.8%
  • Gill

Votes: 53 48.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I've question his contribution for a while and his captaincy completely

Sent using Tapatalk

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
Another perspective would be that Hooper didn't exactly impress with his cameos in front of his own supporters against Scotland and Wales. He even nearly cost you one test against Wales. But hey, you show faith and don't judge a young fella on a twenty minute cameo because he is, evidently, a class player. And so it's proving with a good performance against the AB's. Likewise, Gill made a sound debut against the best team in the world at the toughest ground in the world. They are both 20, both are bloody good and both will, given time, be world class. On top of this, the Wobblies first choice seven is 24 years old, already a proven match winner on the world stage and by my estimation, only second to Richie McCaw. Richie McCaw has seven years and over sixty tests on Pocock so its not really a surprise that his experience makes a telling difference. That and the fact that he is also one of the all time greats of the game. It seems to me that the Wobblies are pretty bloody lucky to have so much depth in talent at their disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.