• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How to watch all RWC games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Is Foxtel our only option? I just want to watch replays of the games. Anyone know where or if replays will be available online somewhere? I don't mind paying a subscription.

Tried to speak to Foxtel but didn't have much luck. They just tell you to sign up and record the games.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
I could not find much real info on when games were broadcast (I only have foxtel) but I googled the foxsports schedule and yeah, for sure, they play the games live but it seems they broadcast repeats often enough. I only looked on sat and sun, but I am assuming all of the games will be repeated more than a few times.

Easy enough to check online schedule and see if it does what you need.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I was hoping to just watch them on my laptop before I go to bed.

The Foxsports website has NRC Match Replays you can watch whenever you want -Youtube style so you don't have to wait for a broadcast. This is awesome as I don't have to watch them on a schedule.

Would be great if the same was available for the RWC games. I'm sure some dodgy bloke will upload them to youtube but I'd rather pay for quality replays.

#First world problems.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foxtel have a free 2 week trial on Foxtel Play. That should get you half of the games until the finals.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
My two week trial is about to end - so I'll stump up the $50 for all the replays I can handle.

Can someone confirm that the "RWC Channel" is in fact 502?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
My two week trial is about to end - so I'll stump up the $50 for all the replays I can handle.

Can someone confirm that the "RWC Channel" is in fact 502?

Can you stream the replays whenever you want or are they scheduled?

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
That's good for Qld but for NSW you have to adjust to AEDT on Oct 4th. That makes the South Africa Scotland game very confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That's good for Qld but for NSW you have to adjust to AEDT on Oct 4th. That makes the South Africa Scotland game very confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think their list does change to daylight saving time.

Note that from Monday October 5, games start commencing at 2.45am instead of 1.45am.

The South Africa v Scotland game should be on at 1.45am on Sunday 4th of October because daylight saving starts at 2am. I.e. this match will start at 1.45am and finish at something like 4:30am.

England v Australia is then on at 6am Sydney time (with daylight saving). In actual time though it commences 3 hours and 15 minutes after the SA v Sco match.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
But doesn't daylight savings also end in England during the cup as well - will this impact on game times.

I hate it when times say AEST and they adjust for daylight savings - we're standard and the rest of you can keep your faded curtains & cows that don't know what time to come in for milking!!

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
There is a way you can watch it - not sure it's illegal or anything, but it sidesteps location restrictions. Not sure if I'll be allowed to post it here? Maybe a mod can confirm.

Won't be SH comms though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There is a way you can watch it - not sure it's illegal or anything, but it sidesteps location restrictions. Not sure if I'll be allowed to post it here? Maybe a mod can confirm.

Won't be SH comms though.

If it's legally available somewhere in the world I don't see why you can't post it.

I.e. if someone in Tanzania can purchase a subscription to watch online legally you could post the details here.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
If it's legally available somewhere in the world I don't see why you can't post it.

I.e. if someone in Tanzania can purchase a subscription to watch online legally you could post the details here.

So, if you bypass the location restrictions, it's viewed as legal? Don't wanna make trouble for anyone here, so I'd rather be sure.

The streams are totally legal, but not available outside the UK.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So, if you bypass the location restrictions, it's viewed as legal? Don't wanna make trouble for anyone here, so I'd rather be sure.

The streams are totally legal, but not available outside the UK.

Well, no.

If you make a post suggesting that all the forum members from such and such country can purchase a legal online stream from some provider then that is fine.

If someone from a different country knew ways to bypass that good on them. You certainly shouldn't provide instructions for that.

I also don't think that's illegal per se. E.g. If I access the US Netflix library then I'm breaking their terms and conditions. I don't think I'm breaking Australian law.

Status
Not open for further replies.