• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hundred pushup challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
What else did you do?

Various other lifts and pulls. Right after the push up I had to do a walking lunge 35kg DBs, followed by burpees, then front squat with a overhead press, several other chest and back exercises. A total of 16 movements to be completed in an hour. So as you imagine my rest periods were short. An hour of cardio to finish. I'm fairly sore right now.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
How's everyone going with this. Got through the first week fairly easy. Thursday's effort was a bit strained due soreness but got through it and looking forward to tomorrow and week two.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Just finished wk 1. I have to say session 2 was a killer, I had to resort to sissy push ups. I gave myself an extra day between session 2&3 and I got through the 3rd set ok (11,15,9,9,14)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I keep forgetting to do them, then remember about 11pm! Currently 4 sets in to the last day of Week 2.

So now I've subscribed to this thread, whenever anyone posts I'll get an email which will be a great reminder.

If anyone else wants to subscribe, scroll to the top and click 'Watch Thread'

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Good on you. With working out having a program with a set goal is half the battle, the next bit is always doing your workout even if you're tired.

Still, I've got to say why would anybody want to do 100 push-ups? It's not the ideal rep range for power, speed, or aesthetics.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Good on you. With working out having a program with a set goal is half the battle, the next bit is always doing your workout even if you're tired.

Still, I've got to say why would anybody want to do 100 push-ups? It's not the ideal rep range for power, speed, or aesthetics.
when you start at zero ability getting to 100 push ups is an achievement.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I agree with rugbysmartarse. I think the 100 push up goal makes more sense if you look at it as part of a general fitness program. I know since I started my current job I have basically let myself go. Have finally started getting back to the gym. I have set myself some goals based around the exercise bike which seems to be going better than I expected. I have now begun the 100 push ups and 200 sit ups last night. I plan to start the dips and squats today. Whether or not there are goals around power, speed and aesthetics later, or not, you need a base before you start going for those, or you just end up injured.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
actually thinking back to the 6 months i worked with a PT, push ups formed a large part of my training. being a man of large torso I guess focus on chest exercise is what I should be doing. Also, push ups are quick, easy, can be done anywhere, and require no equipment.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
actually thinking back to the 6 months i worked with a PT, push ups formed a large part of my training. being a man of large torso I guess focus on chest exercise is what I should be doing. Also, push ups are quick, easy, can be done anywhere, and require no equipment.

I like to call it 'robust build'.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So did anyone punch out the 100? Would be interested to hear if it worked.

I went back to the gym after almost 4 weeks off on Monday and am feeling the pain today.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Nice Effort TH.

I am restarting from day 1 week 1. Somehow it became harder to fit this in while I had time off

Good on you RSA.

Finished the program last Friday but twinged my back so I'm doing week six again before the big test.

Very well designed program as the goals are hard but achievable. The secret is to extend the rests when you need to.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Six week program with about 30 mins commitment per week and you'll be able to do 100 straight push ups in 6 weeks! There's also an android and apple app to help..

Anyone else up for the challenge?

http://hundredpushups.com/#sthash.B7RjcLaK.dpbs

Big test this morning.

Squats: 200 easy. I benchmarked 40 and do them regularly so no big surprise.

Sit ups: 172 very hard. Do a bit of Pilates and benchmarked 45, but 200 is a hell of a lot of sit ups

Push ups: 79. F@#king amazing as I benchmarked 2, yes two. It is an exercise I just can't do. Big surprise as 50 was the best I could do during program.

This is a very good program, thanks for posting it Moses.

Status
Not open for further replies.