• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hundred pushup challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I've been trying to get fit again, watch my diet etc.....started 2nd of Jan. Can get 30 push-ups out fairly comfortably - probably get to 50 now at a push in one go.

This is probably my last year playing rugby and gridiron and I'm determined to let it be a good year as opposed to the last few years where my body wouldn't let me do the things I used to do just 4-5years ago so I've been a lazy ass and let myself go.

Here's a pic I took about 3 weeks ago - I'll be due for another 'before/after' shot soon.....

me.jpg

sammy3191

Bob McCowan (2)
For those looking for another option

I have been "attempting" this You Are Your Own Gym app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...yLDEsImNvbS5sZWFmY3V0dGVyc3R1ZGlvcy55YXlvZyJd

Sort of cross training, bloody hard for unfit bastards like me, but the app does the timings, has a full staged, graded program and has video demonstrations for each exercise.

Sort of your own personnel trainer for S1.93

Thanks for the heads up, I have the book at home & think its great. I was wondering if there was an app, it's a whole lot easier to take your phone with you than the book especially when travelling.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I did an adventure race a few years ago where at one of the checkpoints each 2 man team had to do a combined 100 push-ups or sit-ups.

So my mate stood back and let me crank out 100 push ups.

I got to about 70 before asking if he wanted to start doing a few but he decided I was going great...and we still had to do a kayaking leg afterwards.

Was sore for a couple days after that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.