• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ignore this thread - test only

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Domestic violence and violence against women is not a topic for humour. This comes the day after the Baden Clay appeal was upheld and only a few days after Victoria Police members were exposed for preying on domestic violence victims they were meant to be assisting. Australia is finally moving towards giving this issue the serious attention it deserves.

from Whiteribbon.org.au

"Violence against women is a serious problem in Australia where:
Research indicates that:
But there is hope, because research also shows that:
As a community of mainly men on Green and Gold Rugby I think it is imperative that when we see something that is not right, we call it out and set a standard that says no to violence against women.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Domestic violence and violence against women is not a topic for humour.
whoosh_zpseenzf9vy.gif

Stoff, from the nation that gifted us "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", you should hang your head in shame.

Who the FUCK said anything about defending Domestic Violence? It's obviously indefensible! The since-deleted pisstake article was about Wife KILLING! Get your facts right before you righteously gallop in to the rescue aboard that sanctimonious high horse, Mr Rogers.
Domestic violence and violence against women is not a topic for humour.
Completely disagree.

ANYTHING is fair game, the challenge being to tweak it like so to turn it on itself.

Once shit is deemed "off-limits" for piss-taking then hello Houston we are now fucked, Welcome to, 1984.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ps I just had my first awesome thought for the day: naming a sports franchise "Hour"

for example, "The Auckland Hour". "The Tokyo Hour". "The New York Hour".

You cannot deny the epic feel of it.

Way more epic than say "The New Orleans Pelicans". The what? Wft has a fuckin pelican got to do with athleticism? May as well name your team "The New Orleans Gullet-Faced Gimps of The Seaside."

No, the Hour is the Future.

Just think of the merchandising opportunities.

"What time is it? HOUR TIME"

for an NBA team? "Hour Glass. Hour House."

Plus, of course, every time the ball goes out of play, everyone, regardless of which side they are on, will be reduced to yelling "hour ball, ref."

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Way more epic than say "The New Orleans Pelicans". The what? Wft has a fuckin pelican got to do with athleticism? May as well name your team "The New Orleans Gullet-Faced Gimps of The Seaside."
."

WTF you just say. I'm sending Anthony Davis around to your house to stare at you with his brow for an hour, so you can bask in its glaring dissaproval.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
With regards to edgy humour

Have a watch of this

Some people would say it's offensive - that it's making fun of deaf people.

I would say that it lampoons the idiot who doesn't respect deaf people by showing him doing something that no right minded individual would think is ok. This is where the outrageous humour comes from.

So, when seeing humour that tackles the 'untacklable', my personal opinion is we should think twice before we condemn it as offensive out of hand. It might be making the right point.

(this isn't carte blanche to Dismal though. When it comes to the untacklable, he applies Kiwi breakdown interpretations)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Some people would say it's offensive - that it's making fun of deaf people.

I would say that it lampoons the idiot who doesn't respect deaf people by showing him doing something that no right minded individual would think is ok. This is where the outrageous humour comes from.
I agree.

If you laugh, it's funny.

That's it for me.

Ricky Gervais tried a similar gambit with "Derek" and it exploded all over his cock because, ihomo, he didnt go far enough. Unlike the maniac in the clip above.
When it comes to the untacklable, he applies Kiwi breakdown interpretations)
Got it.

So, come in from the rear, touch up everyone's balls, leave sexy ball-less corpses strewn all over the turf, then fuck off home a winner. Business as usual then.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Alas gents we live in the age of outrage, where the morally superior search every nook and cranny for something at which to take offence. Then follows a competition to see who can be the most outraged and thus ascend to the highest point of the moral high ground. (So as to look down on the rest of us)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Ricky Gervais tried a similar gambit with "Derek" and it exploded all over his cock because, ihomo, he didnt go far enough. Unlike the maniac in the clip above.

Do you think Gervais was trying to do something similar to above with Derek? I didn't get that vibe at all. I think Gervais revels in uncomfortable humour and was going to use Derek as the vehicle to create those uncomfortable situations, but quickly realised it fell off that cliff and turned it into something more considered and sweet.

But edgy humour is subjective. If the above clip came out in 1993 as a Mr Bean episode it would have been laughed at by every family in the country without a second thought. It's only subjective now because how much the goal posts have moved in 22 years. But that shit above could 100% be a Mr Bean episode.

I think Gervais is braver than most. By going after Caitlin Jenner he went somewhere even Anthony Jeselnik points out its not safe to go. That's from a bloke who's main shtick is dead baby jokes.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Do you think Gervais was trying to do something similar to above with Derek? I didn't get that vibe at all. I think Gervais revels in uncomfortable humour and was going to use Derek as the vehicle to create those uncomfortable situations, but quickly realised it fell off that cliff and turned it into something more considered and sweet.

oops I only saw the first episode and had flagged it before it ended. My take is that first you need to establish a normality template to take the brain out of the equation. Then, with that pesky "thinking" process removed, you have a base from where you can introduce incongruity that's aimed at the gut, not at the brain. At least thats what I try to do with my fuckhead go-nowhere bollox "pictorial essays" anyway. Establish the baseline narrative, let people think they know where they stand, then pull the rug out and throw them off the cliff.

That first episode, with the bottom lip stuck out, failed at that iHomo because it had the brain engaged with wft, where is he going with this, there's gonna be a backlash, fahhk where's the funny, (so much thinking i forgot to laugh) this sux, ok I'm out

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Web Log of Gene Gunston

Gidday fatties.

Your old mate Gene-o here.

fune19.jpg

Some good news. I signed everyone here up for a shiny brand new Gunston Max Workouts Treadmill.

Charges will be reflected in your monthly statements.

THANKS.

-Gene-o.
Web Blog SPONSOR
worstex_zpsy0wntoit.gif
$67,995 o.no.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Welcome to GUNSTON DECONTAMINATION SERVICES.

fune11.jpg

Gidday and welcome to Gunston Decontamination Services.

We offer a wide range of products to help you deal with some scabby rellie half-covered in the pox or leprosy or fuck knows what.

Mum's radioactive?

BUY OUR SHIT!

Dad's cock fell off?

BUY OUR SHIT!

Pet monkey's got the ebola?

BUY OUR SHIT!

Is there some wanker you reckon might need quarantining? We've got the gear you need!

BUY OUR FUCKIN' SHIT!
It's fuckin' cheap!

creditcards1.gif

Drop by our Home Infirmary (pictured below) in Woolongong.

The stockroom's upstairs!

fune11.jpg

Gene-o'll be down soon to sell you all the bullshit you need to deal with pricks that need to be decontaminated.

Caught some horrific contagious disease? Wait in the infirmary for a bit and Aunty Doris'll be down in a tick to give you a bit of a swab with the sherry.

coff7.jpg

"Gidday, I'm Aunty fucken Doris!"

Anyway, let's take a quick look at some of the shit that you will be buying off us today.

coff3.jpg

Dead? Alive? Give the freak a poke with this pronged thingie and find out.

creditcards1.gif

50 bucks. O.N.O.

coff5.jpg

Decontamination Unit and adjacent paddling pool.

creditcards1.gif

10 bucks.

coff6.jpg

Portable DJ rig. For entertaining the lepers as all their shit drops off.

creditcards1.gif

Free. (it sounds like shit.)

coff8.jpg

Want to cop a feel of some half-dead leper? Slip on this Doc's robe and you've got the perfect alibi.

creditcards1.gif

10 bucks. Ya pervy nutjob.

coff9.jpg

Alleviate the misery of the surrounding death and despair by
having a huff on this laughing gaHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

creditcards1.gif

50 bucks. O.N.HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

coff10.jpg

"Penetration team?" You'd be a rude prick!

creditcards1.gif

coff11.jpg

Even lepers like a letter from the postie.

creditcards1.gif

5 bucks a letter.

coff12.jpg

Emergency beer silo. Half-dead? Get on the piss!

creditcards1.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
coff13.jpg

Relieve the tension in your pox-riddled leper colony by donning this comically stupid party costume! Bloody hilarious! Life of the party!

creditcards1.gif

coff15.jpg

Dead leper? Bag it and tag it, Danno.

creditcards1.gif

Charge it to the cadaver's card! Hahahahaha

coff1.jpg

Enough space in there for 1 dead leper to stretch his legs out all cosy-like.

creditcards1.gif

10 bucks.

coff2.jpg

3 dead lepers.

creditcards1.gif

3 for 1. Ten bucks.

coff16.jpg

Perfect alibi to pickpocket half-dead drooling drongos.

creditcards1.gif

coff19.jpg

Fence off that beer silo!

creditcards1.gif

200 bucks.

coff20.jpg

Tripping over limbs? Chuck em' in here! (doubles as budget-price beer silo)

creditcards1.gif

2 bucks.

Righto, that's all the rubbish we've got at the moment, we'll see you soon!

Fuck the rest, buy the best, GO GUNSTON!

****SPECIAL BUDGET-PRICE DECONTAMINATION OFFER****.

fune8.jpg

Half-dead but no dosh? Hop in the back of the ute and I'll whip down to the creek and hiff you in! Low rates!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Disappointed - I was after a Gunston Gurney for piling them up. Reckon Gene-O could knock one up out of some old shopping trolley wheels and some ironing boards?