• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland NZ Tour 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
But problem for Sotutu is probably our best player is Ardie, who is at 8. I understand there is the Ardie should be 7 argument, but think perhaps if he is our best player, and he is playing 8, would you change it if not needed. I actually a little disppointed we haven't seen Sotutu at 6 maybe? He seems to have skills to go there or is defence a problem? Not sure as Rangi has never really run him there much has he?

Yeah i'd suggest our best player is Whitelock and for all Ardie's flashiness he still isn't a natural 8 which throws out the balance of the whole backrow. In other words Ardie isn't so good that he should be undisputed 8. For example, I could see Ardie being right up there as the best bench loose forward in the game if they tried him in that role to come on with 35 minutes left (look at what Pete Samu is doing at the Wallabies and think about how important the ABs bench was in 2015) but 3 years in to the Foster reign there's no thought of even trying that.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Bears out a lot of the popular thinking. You guys had exceptional players for 15 years and now things are returning to normal

61% is not normal. I think that's the point. If Fozzie was tracking at 75% I don't think there would be as much of an upcry.

I know that's probably only 2 or 3 test wins but those 2 or 3 test wins are important. It's the difference between the first ever loss to Argentina, the first ever home loss to Ireland, getting 40 points put on you by France etc.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
61% is not normal. I think that's the point. If Fozzie was tracking at 75% I don't think there would be as much of an upcry.

I know that's probably only 2 or 3 test wins but those 2 or 3 test wins are important. It's the difference between the first ever loss to Argentina, the first ever home loss to Ireland, getting 40 points put on you by France etc.
Maybe not normal for NZ but the reality is that NZ have dropped off a bit and a lot of other teams have finally got their shit together - particularly in Europe

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Maybe not normal for NZ but the reality is that NZ have dropped off a bit and a lot of other teams have finally got their shit together - particularly in Europe

Agreed. This current crop for NZ is certainly not vintage and totally agree on the other teams. The issue is the ABs are being further held back by this coaching set up.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
Agreed. This current crop for NZ is certainly not vintage and totally agree on the other teams. The issue is the ABs are being further held back by this coaching set up.
I am terrified that the All Blacks have a huge reaction tomorrow and spank Ireland. Like the World Cup quarter final in 2019

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I am terrified that the All Blacks have a huge reaction tomorrow and spank Ireland. Like the World Cup quarter final in 2019

Yep I could see that - followed by the ABs getting smacked in their next test ala RWC 2019 semi final - although this Ireland side is better than 2019 and this AB side is worse.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Sucks for you guys but is good for rugby.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurld reporting that ScoBar has a knee injury, aggravated at training yesterday, that may scratch him from the lineup. If that happens Akira starts at 6 & Vai'i comes onto the bench.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Me too but it's hadly baseless @Dctarget - literally dozens of articles & thousands of words published & aired since Team was named & not one addressing Samisoni's omission. It doesn't add up. The truth is probably quite boring but the secrecy is most unusual where AB are concerned.

Edit: take the Hurld story on ScoBar: it's all based on him sitting out part of Tuesday's training & appearing to be struggling at Thursday's. Nek minnit he's in "serious doubt" of playing on Saturday & there's apparently a contingency plan for that eventuality. Meanwhile arguably the best ball carrier in the squad doesn't make the 23 & it doesn't rate a mention. I vote Yeah Nah.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Meanwhile arguably the best ball carrier in the squad doesn't make the 23 & it doesn't rate a mention.
Fozzie judges players purely on how long they've been with the team, irrespective of performance in matches.

To him, ST is just some new kid he's seen wandering around training. Dane Coles is ready so that new guy just drops out.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Me too but it's hadly baseless @Dctarget - literally dozens of articles & thousands of words published & aired since Team was named & not one addressing Samisoni's omission. It doesn't add up. The truth is probably quite boring but the secrecy is most unusual where AB are concerned.

Edit: take the Hurld story on ScoBar: it's all based on him sitting out part of Tuesday's training & appearing to be struggling at Thursday's. Nek minnit he's in "serious doubt" of playing on Saturday & there's apparently a contingency plan for that eventuality. Meanwhile arguably the best ball carrier in the squad doesn't make the 23 & it doesn't rate a mention. I vote Yeah Nah.
The press in NZ are off Foster. If there is anything dodgy about it, they would have uncovered it by now or at least have written about it. I rate him highly too, but I think perhaps the media don't think it is a big story

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

key All Black
larry-david-unsure.gif

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
The more I think about this match the more nervous I get.
All Blacks back to close to full strength. At home. Hungry as they’ve ever been.
I’ve seen this movie many times before and the ending is always the same

Status
Not open for further replies.