• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2021

Still a Waratah Just

Bob McCowan (2)
The Stannies/Gregs game is currently on the Stannies facebook page. I would agree with Rugby Lord with some of the calls made by the assistant referee. Many of these players put years into developing their skills and playing for their firsts. For an assistant referee to have a major impact in the result of the game is inappropriate. At one point the Stannies No 7, who was playing a great game, was yellow carded on advice of the AR. As the tackle is made you can hear the Referee state, "to play on" and then return on the AR request. As this person had already stated in comments above. "This is a contact sport." In saying that, the game was lost on Stannies missed opportunities.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Stannies/Gregs game is currently on the Stannies facebook page. I would agree with Rugby Lord with some of the calls made by the assistant referee. Many of these players put years into developing their skills and playing for their firsts. For an assistant referee to have a major impact in the result of the game is inappropriate. At one point the Stannies No 7, who was playing a great game, was yellow carded on advice of the AR. As the tackle is made you can hear the Referee state, "to play on" and then return on the AR request. As this person had already stated in comments above. "This is a contact sport." In saying that, the game was lost on Stannies missed opportunities.

SaWJ, you need to watch your own facebook video feeds. It was #6 that was given a yellow card, & the referee didn't need the AR for this. He had the card in his hand before the boys got up from the tackle....

Rugby Lord

Frank Row (1)
Oh the irony.
stannies complaining about home town refs:)
I get you get bad calls from every away game, but this guy refused to shake the hands of U16 players, then called the U16s coach a disgrace. The irony is that the week before, Kinross had exactly the same problem with exactly the same referee, who happens to coach the 15s at Gregs.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
I get you get bad calls from every away game, but this guy refused to shake the hands of U16 players, then called the U16s coach a disgrace. The irony is that the week before, Kinross had exactly the same problem with exactly the same referee, who happens to coach the 15s at Gregs.

Now we must be making stuff up. Why would a Greg's coach / referee be refereeing at Kinross? We can pin the Waratahs poor season on him as well if it makes people sleep easier...

Rugby Lord

Frank Row (1)
Now we must be making stuff up. Why would a Greg's coach / referee be refereeing at Kinross? We can pin the Waratahs poor season on him as well if it makes people sleep easier.
They had a problem with him in his capacity as a coach !!

Bebolddad

Frank Row (1)
Any other results from the weekend? And where do they post the ISA rep team lists?
I thought it would be worth noting the ISA Side beat CHS 27 to 17 yesterday at Oxford falls. They player the winner of GPS/CAS at NSW Uni next Friday. Well played boys

Rugby Lord

Frank Row (1)
I thought it would be worth noting the ISA Side beat CHS 27 to 17 yesterday at Oxford falls. They player the winner of GPS/CAS at NSW Uni next Friday. Well played boys
What a great game it was. CHS had some fire-power as well. Young Hopoate played well for ISA!

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
What a great game it was. CHS had some fire-power as well. Young Hopoate played well for ISA!

I was wondering who won that. I watched 2nd's where we went down to CCC 20-19 with a penalty in the last few minutes. CCC with the benefit of fresh reserves, which I think was the main difference late in the game.

Bebolddad

Frank Row (1)
I was wondering who won that. I watched 2nd's where we went down to CCC 20-19 with a penalty in the last few minutes. CCC with the benefit of fresh reserves, which I think was the main difference late in the game.

Was a shame as they controlled the game well for the first 3/4 of the match.

In case anyone is interested, the !st Div ISA team was
1 Jayden Moujalli - Oakhill
2 Thomas Allsopp - St Pats
3 Jack Morrison - Stannies
4 Cameron Terheegde - Oakhill
5 Liam Toole - St Aug's
6 Lachlan wood - Oakhill
7 Dylan Kaghu - St Aug's
8 Dylan Challita - Stannies
9 Zachary Davidson - St Pius
10 Jed Walsh - St Aug's
11 Charlie Miles - St Aug's
12 Patrick Spence - Oakhill
13 Lelu Hopoate - St Aug's
14 Bede Smeallie - Stannies
15 Finn Watkins - Oakhill

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Was a shame as they controlled the game well for the first 3/4 of the match.

5 Liam Toole - St Aug's
6 Lachlan wood - Oakhill
7 Dylan Kaghu - St Aug's
10 Jed Walsh - St Aug's

Oakhill dad here. Didn't watch the firsts yesterday as left before they started. The Pius 9 is definitely a kid I noticed last weekend with serious talent. Younger brother of the Auggies 10 played brilliantly in the U/16's ISA game as well. 7 from Auggies is a constant pest on the ball and plays like there is 3 of him out there. Hope the ISA boys put on a good showing at the schools tournament as there is plenty to work with.

Still a Waratah Just

Bob McCowan (2)
5 Liam Toole - St Aug's
6 Lachlan wood - Oakhill
7 Dylan Kaghu - St Aug's
10 Jed Walsh - St Aug's

Best of luck to the ISA teams tomorrow. a big game against GPS 1 tomorrow but I am sure they will do the division proud.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Any word out of Stanny's and Kinross about what the feelings are towards resuming ISA once Sydney is out of Lockdown?