• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA Rugby 2013

Who will take out the Opens Div 1 title for ISA in 2103

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Thanks CTPE
"King's 1sts 54 def Stannies 7 with Stannies scoring inside the last two minutes of the game. Kings 2nds & 3rds had big wins as well".

rugbydownsouth

Stan Wickham (3)
I am but confused with fixtures for round 1 as the St Greg's website claim they are playing Sydney Grammar and Stannies are scheduled to play Newingron, and given there is a bye round it must be with Kinross?

But from way I know, the fixtures this week for round 1;

St Patricks vs Oakhill @ Breen Oval
The match of the round as the defending champions take on a resurgent St Pats team. On trial form, both teams have won more than they have lost and will definetly be looking to be competitive in the ISA. Trial form would probably favour Oakhill, although St Pats are turning in victories they have been anything but convincing, exemplified by a poor performance on Saturday against Grammar. I hope for a tight match, egged on by a big SPC crowd. My tip Oakhill by 10.

St Pius X vs St Augustines @ Oxford Falls
Auggies will be looking to turn in a typical performance of running rugby to notch up a comfortable victory. Although Pius are on the up, Auggies will undoubtedly be a cut above. I feel Auggies will use this match to consolidate structures and gameplans before facing tougher opposition. St Augustine's by 58.

Can someone please enlighten me on the fixtures for Greg's stannies and Kinross.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I am but confused with fixtures for round 1 as the St Greg's website claim they are playing Sydney Grammar and Stannies are scheduled to play Newingron, and given there is a bye round it must be with Kinross?

But from way I know, the fixtures this week for round 1;

St Patricks vs Oakhill @ Breen Oval
The match of the round as the defending champions take on a resurgent St Pats team. On trial form, both teams have won more than they have lost and will definetly be looking to be competitive in the ISA. Trial form would probably favour Oakhill, although St Pats are turning in victories they have been anything but convincing, exemplified by a poor performance on Saturday against Grammar. I hope for a tight match, egged on by a big SPC crowd. My tip Oakhill by 10.

St Pius X vs St Augustines @ Oxford Falls
Auggies will be looking to turn in a typical performance of running rugby to notch up a comfortable victory. Although Pius are on the up, Auggies will undoubtedly be a cut above. I feel Auggies will use this match to consolidate structures and gameplans before facing tougher opposition. St Augustine's by 58.

Can someone please enlighten me on the fixtures for Greg's stannies and Kinross.
Greg's v grammar @ weigall, according to grammar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
IIRC, both Kinross & Stannies have already played round one against each other with Kinross winning 22-19, both are playing trials this weekend against Newington. Gregs must have the Bye as they line up against Grammar. I'm tipping Oakhill in a tight one against St Pats as it will be the first week they will be at full strength and Auggies by lots against Pius. Good luck to all.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ISA Div 2 1st XV results on their website:
http://isa.nsw.edu.au/ISA-results.html
Not very user friendly.

Round 3
Central Coast 17 - Redfields 12
Chevalier 34 - Redlands 20
St Andrews 50 - All Saints 28

After 3 games
Central Coast 13 pts
Redfield 11 pts
Chevalier 10 pts
St Andrews 7 pts
Redlands 5 Pts
All Saints 1 pt

lovesISA

Frank Row (1)
I was looking on the St Pats website for the details of the fixtures, specifically to see how many games were scheduled on council grounds given the forecast for the next few days. I was redirected to the weekly newsletter and in the sports section, there was congratulations for the 4 opens and 3 16's ISA reps. What grabbed my attention was it had listed the teams the opens boys had been selected in, with Matt Edwards (Hooker) named as ISA 1sts and PJ Agliozzo (Prop), Jeffery Markus (Fly Half) and Josh Taweel (Flanker) listed in the 2nds. I see that there has been a bit of talk/tension regarding the topic of team selections and this would indicate that the teams are of public knowledge. If someone knows of any other names or even teams could they please help us ISA followers out by giving us the heads up.

If these selections are true, which they must, because I'd doubt St Pats would publish this without it been confirmed, I am interested with the selection of Matt Edwards as hooker for the 1sts. Now don't get me wrong I have a great deal of respect for Matt Edwards ability and I have seen a lot of him this year and last year for St Pats 1st XV and ISA 2nds. He is a great defender and is solid at the set piece, but I can't help but wonder where this places Max Cook, the hooker from St Augustine's, who has been selected in the 2013 ISA squad and played ISA 1sts last year and I'm led to believe NSW school's last year. Considering the 1sts is a 15 man squad only, I am slightly confused. Does anyone know if Max Cook is injured or there is anything else that may have contributed to this? For all I know he may be playing elsewhere in the ISA 1sts squad s he is such a talented player. Or even then Matt Edwards has been playing at flanker for St Pats 1st Xv this year which may be a selection option. I also think that PJ Agliozzo has been hard done by if these selections come to fruition. PJ has been a force for St Pats at tighthead prop, adding size and strength to the strong St Pats front row. PJ is a great scrummager and strong runner of the ball. I'd be really interested to see where the tighthead prop has come from as PJ is in his 2nd year of ISA in such a tough position. Jeff Markus will provide a lot of flair and talent to the ISA squad and I think that Jeff will do a great job out of ISA 2nds and will definetly be hard to look past if he strings together some good performances for St Pats and in the CCC game. Josh Taweel coming back from injury is a fair selection in the 2nds and there will be plenty to look out for when he gets going again (from what i believe this weekend!?!?)

I have a full day planned at Oxford Falls this Saturday and I really hope the rain doesn't ruin a full day of fixtures. A bit of wet weather may even things out though in the 1st XV match, hopefully a good tough game, but I won't get my hopes up.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Zero chance of a hooker being selected as a flanker.
They would have had more flankers than any other position in the trials I would think.

lovesISA

Frank Row (1)
Zero chance of a hooker being selected as a flanker.
They would have had more flankers than any other position in the trials I would think.

I agree entirely. To further that there are some very good flankers amongst the ISA such as Arthur Currie from Greg's, Bill Freeman from Kinross, Johnnie Walker from Auggies etc etc. Probably should have thought that one over first.

maulrugby

Frank Row (1)
I agree entirely. To further that there are some very good flankers amongst the ISA such as Arthur Currie from Greg's, Bill Freeman from Kinross, Johnnie Walker from Auggies etc etc. Probably should have thought that one over first.

I was at ISA trials. Boys where definitely told that a squad of 38 to be announce and advertised in the paper. Final makeup of teams to be announced at first training session, as selectors would be watching the next couple of games to determine final 1st IV and 2nd squad of 23. It is disappointing that firstly Augustines and now St Pats have this information and further more released it. If this information is correct why not tell the boys straight upfront. Also would have to question the selection process given that boys trialed for 1/2 hour. Hardly sufficient time to pick a 1st and 2nd side. I would have thought given ISA starts this weekend that selectors would have taken the opportunity to further watch the the boys over the next 2 games before the final team placements finalized.

Watched Cook from Augustines and was definitely the outstanding hooker for the trial session.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
From what I have heard and read, they did a good job this year.
Who is bitching about the sides this year?
I understood that the Schools were more selective this year, with about 60 kids attending the trial.
It's not that hard to reduce that number to the required 38 in a day.

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
I was at ISA trials. Boys where definitely told that a squad of 38 to be announce and advertised in the paper. Final makeup of teams to be announced at first training session, as selectors would be watching the next couple of games to determine final 1st IV and 2nd squad of 23. It is disappointing that firstly Augustines and now St Pats have this information and further more released it. If this information is correct why not tell the boys straight upfront. Also would have to question the selection process given that boys trialed for 1/2 hour. Hardly sufficient time to pick a 1st and 2nd side. I would have thought given ISA starts this weekend that selectors would have taken the opportunity to further watch the the boys over the next 2 games before the final team placements finalized.

Watched Cook from Augustines and was definitely the outstanding hooker for the trial session.

Well, the selectors (if their watching) won't see much at the Auggies Pius game, as Pius will try hard but are no contest. All the Auggies lads will shine. Whilst on the other side of Parramatta road, Oakhill and St Pats will be going hammer & tongs at each other. So the selectors may see who's who in an evenly matched contest.

maulrugby

Frank Row (1)
I like to watch, I am not bitching about team selections and agree easy enough to reduce numbers from 60 to 38 squad. Just curious as to why Auggies and Pats know which of their boys are in which side. When at the trials the boys where clearly told that the final team placements would be announced at the first training session after the selectors had time to watch the boys over the next couple of weeks. If the teams have been or where finalized at the trials, why not be up front and tell everyone.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You have misunderstood my point.
My point was there has been no,or very little criticism of the squad this year.
Totally agree that they should announce the teams once they have been finalised
I don't believe there are any changes after the trial,despite what they might say.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Taking I like to watch post further, what players have been unjustly passed over by the selection process this year.

I think that the selectors may be hedging their bets regarding I's and II's due to potential injuries between now and rep time. Most of the kids listed play their first competition game this weekend (weather permitting), and yes many of them have been involved in trial matches and JGS/NGS/Club academy programmes in the off season and come through unscathed but from now on they are up for 70 minutes of intense competition footy week in week out.

Yes Auggies may put a cricket score on some other schools, but the boys on the loosing side will not be throwing in the towel to make life easy for the Auggies boys. All 1st XV games are played with an intensity on both sides that are not seen in "friendly" trial games.

About the only game the boys can relax (a little) in is when they come up against The Bye. Even then, The Bye could catch some Schools napping.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That's bullshit Hugh.
You talk up the bye on every thread,yet they have yet to win a game in any grade in any comp in any year.
I'll put money on the bye winning SFA yet again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.