• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kabaddi

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
These guys could play rugby. It's Indian/Asian sport, sort of a cross between tag and Red Rover.

7 per side. One guy "attacking" (doubt they call it that) at a time. He has to tag one of the opponents, and then get back to his side of half way. So they dodge him till tagged then it is a 7 person tackle mugging.

Bizaar. But maybe we should be getting rugby up in India.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Does look limited in scope but wouldnt mind watching more.

Guessing there are bugger-all rules?

Although whats to stop an awesome mega hua along the lines of an AKIRA IOANE just tagging the opposition any-old-how and saying "you know what, come at me shitheads, I'm backing myself to just carry-drag all 5 of you pygmy pricks the required distance of 2 poxy metres to win your game, set, match, and your whole stupid sport"

dru

Tim Horan (67)
No idea how the scoring works. But I do like the mayhem, and of course the gang tackle. Reckon I could play this and damn the rules.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
From memory there was ‘world series’ of kabaddi that had an Australian team in it a few years back, with some ex/fringe AFL players involved

Reactions: dru

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
The attacker has to tag as many opponents as possible and get out of the square, all in one breath. To prove they're holding their breath they repeatedly yell out 'kabaddi'. Not making this up.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The attacker has to tag as many opponents as possible and get out of the square, all in one breath. To prove they're holding their breath they repeatedly yell out 'kabaddi'. Not making this up.

"Nigel, I'd like to bring something up on the big screen, the player in green appears to have partially breathed through his NOSE, I repeat, his NOSE, switching to infra-red vapour trail cam now....."
"Oh, fuck off Skeenie".

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Look, it MAY have sounded like "the ref humps turnips" but I was actually demonstrating that I was exhaling and I don't speak Hindi.

Status
Not open for further replies.