• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm not sure what to make of this. Surely if he had broken team rules he would be on the first plane home, or at the very least not playing this weekend.

I can't see Link keeping him around if it's what some have suggested it is (a drunken altercation on a plane).

And yet he is still there, and training with the team. Go figure.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reading between the lines. (decided to edit my post and pad it out a bit cause I am bored)
KB (Kurtley Beale) told a certain member of team management that he was a hopeless f--k and didn't know how to do his job.
("What do you mean we mightn't have our luggage when we land, we're going to argentina not amenia you stupid d--k")
Everyone else just watched and listened - no report of anyone coming to team management person's defense.
("Hey don't look at us, we are already worried from the brown outs from the farting competition and you tell us we are gunna have to wear these jocks for a couple of days? We're not defending you")
Team management member spat the dummy at being hopeless and decided to take his bat and ball and go home (took a fligh wednesday).
("Stuff the lot of ya, I'm going to HR to complain about the treatment and seek worker's comp for mental stress from the ARU for the rest of my life. Like a good ARU management leech should do")
Media learn of the event and decide it's not quite spicy enough so added an "alleged" drinking and intoxication on the plane prior to KB (Kurtley Beale)'s outburst to ensure the story gets a headline spot.
("This is no bloody good, but we'll get twice the freelance fee if we mention he was on the piss!")

I find the highlighted section that I have done of your post a bit unfair towards the ARU management. This statement coming from KB (Kurtley Beale) is a bit rich. If there someone that has not done his job in the Wallabies squad its KB (Kurtley Beale) himself. :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Barbarian, the Dublin 6 weren't sent home. They were "penalised" in situ, but Super Rugby Boozy fights result in being sent home.

I'm slightly confused why the Integrity Unit is involved in an investigation. This is the complicating factor.

Perhaps it is an issue with him being in breach of his ARU contract conditions, rather than being in breach of Wallaby Code of Conduct or Team Rules.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The Dublin 6 were stood down, though. And Beale still seems to be playing (at this point, anyway).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Sounds like the integrity unit is Links way of avoiding making any difficult decisions before the Test.
He did the same thing in Ireland IIRC.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The Dublin 6 were stood down, though. And Beale still seems to be playing (at this point, anyway).

IIRC stood down a week later. Recall some cynics suggesting the next game (Wales?) was too important and so they were suspended for the Scottish game a week later. Reason given was that Link needed the extra time to conduct his enquiry.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
If it's true, tell your story walking, and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't think it is wise to make any comment on the alleged incident until and unless we have the facts, or at least the material presented as fact.

I am interested in how this story has been handled. I looked around the online media that covers rugby and found that the only material presented seems to be the quotes from the ARU statement and the additional piece on GAGR understanding that alcohol was allegedly involved.

i went to news.com.au, SANZAR, ABC, rugby.com.au, GAGR, planetrrugby and SMH/rugbyheaven.

the only reporter's name attached to a story was Rupert Guinness on SMH - which has the story leading its front page.

i can't find any "from the scene in Argentina" reports. does no news organization in Australia have a journalist embedded with the team? if there are some, surely they would have seen something on the flight, wouldn't they?

if there are no embedded journalists, i am concerned that media coverage of our game does not extend to "live" coverage of the tour to RSA and Argentina?

anyone see any other coverage?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
i can't find any "from the scene in Argentina" reports. does no news organization in Australia have a journalist embedded with the team? if there are some, surely they would have seen something on the flight, wouldn't they?

if there are no embedded journalists, i am concerned that media coverage of our game does not extend to "live" coverage of the tour to RSA and Argentina?

anyone see any other coverage?

Georgina Robinson, Jamie Pandaram and Jim Morton were in SA. I know GR is in Argentina.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Georgina Robinson, Jamie Pandaram and Jim Morton were in SA. I know GR is in Argentina.

thanks very much for that.
it's good news that there are at least three journos embedded with the tourists for the tour.
the silence from them is, however, of concern.
three days after the alleged incident and not a peep out of them.

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Embedded journalists like those 3 are more like PR officers then journalists, they tread a fine line by been granted unlimited access and maintaining journalistic integrity by reporting what they see.

Robinson will continue with the tah love.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Link did not attend training the next day.
Isn't that the big story?
If that is related to what KB (Kurtley Beale) did then that's huge news. However the story doesn't quite get to the point of saying the non attendance is related.
Shades of the Wales tour where they had a punch up at the post match @bllymore and all started crying.
Fuck.
Oz rugby needs this.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Georgina Robinson:
Beale was allegedly involved in a heated verbal argument with Wallabies business manager Di Patston during the team's 10-hour flight from Johannesburg to Sao Paulo on Sunday morning.

Read more:http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/kurtley-beale-involved-in-midair-incident-20141001-10ox7l.html#ixzz3EvieQRZs
No doubt many blazers in the wobblies set up would be deserving of a spray but I wonder what the "business manager" has done wrong - as well as wondering what one is and why she is flying around with the wobbs. Haha - maybe that's what KB (Kurtley Beale) wanted to know.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If correct, see ya Kurtley, enjoy the rest of your life, wherever it leads you

And what the business manager does ( from linkedin

" Wallaby Team Business Manager

Australian Rugby Union Ltd.

July 2013 - Present (1 year 4 months)

Working with the Wallaby Head Coach, I am required to oversee and carry out all facets of business management within the Wallaby Department which includes (but not limited to):

- Oversee and manage the Wallaby Full Playing Squad
- Manage and oversee individual player & full squad HR & Disciplinary matters
- Manage the Wallaby team of Staff
- Manage and oversee all functions of the Wallaby Department Budget & Finance
- Oversee Logistics Management
- Liaison Officer on the behalf of the Wallaby Team and Wallaby Department

"
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I have said it before, KB (Kurtley Beale) will go to League. Reckon this will be the catalist.

He will get pinged for this latest incident and that, together with the fact he cannot lock down a starting spot in the Wallabies will make the move "irrisistable" to him....

Once there were 3 Amigos, then 2, now probably only 1.

Fucking shame really, I thought KB (Kurtley Beale) had got all his shit together... but ????

Status
Not open for further replies.