• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Le Tour, 2015

2015 Winner

• Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nairo Quintana

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Alberto Contador

• Tejay van Garderen

• Chris Froome

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Thanks for the plug Moses.

I think it's Froome's to lose. Quitana or Contador the only others that can really challenge. Nibali is looking weak and Tejay just feels like a pretender to me.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Don't know about you blokes but I'm looking forward to some hills tonight.

Also announced today Porte is looking for a new ride next year. Surely a perfect fit for OGE.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Don't know about you blokes but I'm looking forward to some hills tonight.

Also announced today Porte is looking for a new ride next year. Surely a perfect fit for OGE.

For sure.

It's going to come down to Money I think for Ritchie. He won't get the same coin at OGE, but he'd be a good fit as the yates bros come through. I personally would love to see him there.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I hoped for so much more this year but, barring crash, positive test or severe bonk, Froome has it sewn up. Was kind of hoping for a Vuelta 14 type clash but I think that's dashed now.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
For sure.

It's going to come down to Money I think for Ritchie. He won't get the same coin at OGE, but he'd be a good fit as the yates bros come through. I personally would love to see him there.
Phil Liggett pretty categorically stated last night that he was going to Bmc. Bit of a shame for those of us hoping for the aussie connection but as long as he ends up a team leader some where it's a good thing.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
L'Alpe d'Huez delivers again. A classic and fascinating stage ... ... ... as expected, and appropriate.

Magnificently timed to finish just before the Test at Ellis Park Jo'burg. Well done sports administrators.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Was urging on Quintana at the end there. Not necessarily against Froome, just love a good contest and Quintana showed some real guts throughout this TDF.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Same for me Charger. I really wanted Quintana to put the wind up Sky on that last stage. Froome owes Porte a beer after that. Had Richie not guided him up that mountain he would have been fucked. It nearly happened on the first climb when it ended up the top four guys just duking it out. To Sky's credit they regathered themselves and sanity returned. Great last couple of days in the Alps.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What a gutsy effort by Michael Matthews to and Adam Hanson to both finish the tour after such horrific crashes/injuries. Hanson is a legend, and Matthews will be a hell of a lot stronger for the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.