• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tests Second Ticket Offering

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I just got an email from the ARU telling me that there is a small allocation of tix going on sale at 10am tomorrow morning for the 3 tests (and provincial games too I assume).

I just thought I would post this here as a convenience to anyone who hasn't got tix and wants them, your chance is tomorrow morning.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I just followed the link in the ARU email sent yesterday, it was on Ticketek anyways

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Just picked up 4 platinum tickets to the test in Brisbane. They're on the try line close to the field but it's going to be awesome.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I thought they'd sell out really quickly for the tests at least, was on there at 10 on the dot. Most people mustn't even know that this sale was happening, haven't seen it publicized at all.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I think that's right. I went on the site at 10:20am and the site said TICKET ALLOCATION EXHAUSTED. That was not true though:D

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I ran in just after 10 and had to remember my login but still managed tickets. For the first release I was at my computer ready to go and missed out.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Looking at the tickets it seems to me that they are all areas that had been reserved for tours/corporate's.

A few Irish guys I sent text message's had already known about the sale, think this was kept quiet enough though so there was no public back lash this time round.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Looking at the tickets it seems to me that they are all areas that had been reserved for tours/corporate's.

I though this would be the case but the ones I picked up this morning where Bronze category ($95), I wouldn't have gone for any other price because once you factor in flights, accommodation etc it gets very pricy if your paying $300 for your ticket

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Funny isn't it how all the people who didn't get tix in the first round whinged incessently about how all the tickets were snapped up by these silvertail corporates who arrived at ticketek HQ by helicopter at some mysterious hour in the early morning to pick up their gold plated tickets in a safe.

Yet when the second round comes about there are still a few tickets in gold and platinum available more than 5 hours after they come on the market...

True fans... I think not.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah we just picked up 4 more at work. Could only buy in pairs but still tickets available.

T

Train Without a Station

I got a little excited and just had a look. However for $235 a pop to sit in the 5th row from the back of Etihad Stadium I think I'll decline now.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I got a little excited and just had a look. However for $235 a pop to sit in the 5th row from the back of Etihad Stadium I think I'll decline now.
Seating plan for Ethihad stadium and rugby is the stupidest thing going around. The front 3 rows the whole way around level 1 lost $95, the back row on level 3 as long as your along the side is $235. Being that far from the action they should be sold off as restricted viewing as well, would not see anything from back there.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I have only been to Etihad Stadium once, but if you can, the best thing to do is get there ridiculously early, plant yourself inside the EJ (Eddie Jones) Whitten Bar against the glass and set up camp there for the duration.

You're indoors, near a bar with a fantastic view of the field.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I have only been to Etihad Stadium once, but if you can, the best thing to do is get there ridiculously early, plant yourself inside the EJ (Eddie Jones) Whitten Bar against the glass and set up camp there for the duration.

You're indoors, near a bar with a fantastic view of the field.
My recommendation to friends with standing tickets that where the cheapest on offer, for what is one of the best seats in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.