• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Lions Tour 2025

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nah, they’re about double (if not more) what TSwiz was charging for roughly equivalent seats.

Surprised we haven’t seen any “You won’t believe how much the wallabies are charging for tickets!” articles

Likewise it was very clear that she could have charged a vast amount more. The market value of those tickets was way above the list price. She also played 3 shows at the MCG and 4 shows at Accor Stadium.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Taylor has also toured Australia 4 times since the BILs were last here, and will have comparatively fewer "inbound" tourists to exploit with Singapore hosting 6 capturing all of SEA in the most recent tour (I dislike that I know this in detail)
Likewise it was very clear that she could have charged a vast amount more. The market value of those tickets was way above the list price. She also played 3 shows at the MCG and 4 shows at Accor Stadium.
Not disagreeing with any of this, nor the prices themselves, just adding some context of the rough equivalence.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Nah, they’re about double (if not more) what TSwiz was charging for roughly equivalent seats.

Surprised we haven’t seen any “You won’t believe how much the wallabies are charging for tickets!” articles
I have seen a few blow ups on twitter from the standard set of league fans who love to say they used to be Union fans but are really just keen to attack the game where ever they can.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
jeez we need to nail the next 5-6 years - perform competitively and rake in the $ with the RWC, Lions tour and Women's RWC.
Surely that will keep a few players in the game - despite pretty much all of them saying / hinting they are off to league. The present off contract games really fuck me off.
How about these fluffybunnys think about the fans for a change......

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
From my experience of friends in UK and Ireland, they are not as acutely aware of the political Rugby problems in Australia - they clearly know Australia sit 10th the global standings, but having the Lions come out and win 3-0 is what they want - albeit with some small resistance.

I am being tapped daily from people in the UK to buy tickets for them.
You can see why NZ and maybe to a lesser extent SA are concerned by the downfall of Aus rugby given we are still relatively central to their future plans as they stand.

But England? If we were ranked 48th they wouldn't satisfied. And vice versa.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
You can see why NZ and maybe to a lesser extent SA are concerned by the downfall of Aus rugby given we are still relatively central to their future plans as they stand.

But England? If we were ranked 48th they wouldn't satisfied. And vice versa.

This ain't cricket

Yoda

Jimmy Flynn (14)
That isn't saying a lot, ANZ is poo. Glad they scrapped it's refurb and pressed ahead with the new one at Moore Park.
A shame they didn’t make the SFS say 55000 - 60000 capacity and sold off the Olympic Stadium to pay for it. Plus a roof. A pupose built Rugby/Football stadium like Brisbane’s is infinitely better for the spectators and players alike. The OS just does not cut it and has no pubs or restaurants nearby for pregame.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
A shame they didn’t make the SFS say 55000 - 60000 capacity and sold off the Olympic Stadium to pay for it. Plus a roof. A pupose built Rugby/Football stadium like Brisbane’s is infinitely better for the spectators and players alike. The OS just does not cut it and has no pubs or restaurants nearby for pregame.
Don't know that there is space for that?

Tex

John Thornett (49)
12 years on and I've still got the best memories of the Brisbane Lions Test. The result sucked but my god it was the most electric live event I've ever witnessed. Worth every penny.

Do we have any idea when Phase 2 of the ticket release will be?
Likewise in Melbourne. Local boy Christian Leali'ifano kicks the winning conversion in the final few minutes and breaks 30,000 red hearts. You just live for those moments in sport.

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
I’m actually really looking forward to the AUNZ match - something different and a bit special (not that a Lions tour isn’t already)

A Crowded House song as a quasi-anthem perhaps?

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
I just think the pricing is outrageous, the ticket sales notification and process was a joke, and I'll just watch the game on TV.

I was in South Africa for the previous tour, tickets were reasonably priced and I managed to get 2 for the Ellis Park test, and then COVID blew it all apart...

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
The games will all sell out regardless of what price they charge. As others have said this and the 2027 World Cup are rugby Australia’s only chance of keeping the game afloat and making up for years of incompetence so they need to milk it for everything they can

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I was in South Africa for the previous tour, tickets were reasonably priced and I managed to get 2 for the Ellis Park test, and then COVID blew it all apart...

Bit of a silly comparison don't you think?

Hell, using the big mac index, you can get a big mac in South Africa for $4.16 AUD, while in Australia is costs you around $7.90....

We all know why RA can and is charging the prices they are and why SARU was not able to.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Out of interest I looked up what I paid for the Sydney test in 2013. My tickets were the second lowest category from memory and were $180 each.

While the tickets are obviously expensive I don't think they are outrageous for a premier event in the sport in a fairly high cost country.