• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Marriage Equality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Follow the thread please

I am and I'm wondering what exactly you think the value of Tim Wilson's opinion is? Is it the fact that he is the Human Rights Commissioner? Is it that he's an openly gay man?

Honestly, I'm not sure what the value of your post is in regards to giving gay couples equal rigts in how they term or name their relationships?

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am and I'm wondering what exactly you think the value of Tim Wilson's opinion is? Is it the fact that he is the Human Rights Commissioner? Is it that he's an openly gay man?

Honestly, I'm not sure what the value of your post is in regards to giving gay couples equal rigts in how they term or name their relationships?

Perhaps because he had a similar view to the use of the word marriage which seems to hang up a particular section of the thread. I really don't care if some sections of the gay community insist it has to be all or none.

All I was saying was get the rest and wait for the society to catch up.

As to the value of my post each person will have their own view and your intitled to yours.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Perhaps because he had a similar view to the use of the word marriage which seems to hang up a particular section of the thread. I really don't care if some sections of the gay community insist it has to be all or none.

All I was saying was get the rest and wait for the society to catch up.

As to the value of my post each person will have their own view and your intitled to yours.

Sorry.....asking what the value of your post is was bad wording on my part.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's been just over a year since the New Zealand Government passed legislation allowing Marriage Equality.

The world hasn't stopped spinning. NZ MP (Moana Pasifika) Maurice Williamson was correct.

According to New Zealand’s Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, 926 same-sex marriages have taken place since marriage equality was put into effect on August 19, 2013, and 237 of those were Australian. That is nearly one Australian couple marrying in NZ for every working day (Mon-Fri less Public Holidays) since the Kiwis passed the legislation.

What are our politicians doing on the issue?
Plenty of them seen basking in Bingham Cup glory recently.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Pay attention Big Arse,we have a PM that wants to turn back the clock to the 1950's.
I think he would rather bring in legislation so that it's ok to call them poofta's again,than allow them to get married.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think we might have to wait until these numpties get sacked. Shouldn't take too long.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.