• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

McKibbin Wallaby Bolter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Gotta admit this bloke has a real crack. Gets the ball out the fastest of all current Aus 9's. Worked the crappy box options out of his game, explosive around the fringes. Real chance for a spot I reckon

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm not sure if your watching close enough, He has potential, he plays very well in patches, his goal kicking is pretty good but he needs alot more time (that can only come through playing) on his decision making that really let's him down in places and costs momentum more than a few times a game. He may be a bolter but I would prefer it as a squad member at this stage than on the field.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm not sure if your watching close enough, Hejaz potential, he plays very well in oat he's, his goal kicking is pretty good but he needs alot more time (that can only come through playing) on his decision making that really let's him down in places and costs momentum more than a few times a game. He may be a bolger but I would prefer it as a squad member at this stage than on the field.

According to the fox commentators many of his uninspiring kicks are the result of calls from very senior players outside him. The rest of his decision making is ok. I would say he's been better for the tahs than burgess was last year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I'm not sure if your watching close enough, Hejaz potential, he plays very well in oat he's, his goal kicking is pretty good but he needs alot more time (that can only come through playing) on his decision making that really let's him down in places and costs momentum more than a few times a game. He may be a bolger but I would prefer it as a squad member at this stage than on the field.

Che? Yabo no gw suxjgwls?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
According to the fox commentators many of his uninspiring kicks are the result of calls from very senior players outside him. The rest of his decision making is ok. I would say he's been better for the tahs than burgess was last year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He always the easiest choice, the closet call, the commentators put it down to "Super Rugby" players, but it's about his lack of awareness and trying to take the obvious, 9/10 when he backs himself he gets caught or throws hospital passes. I still rate burgess higher. SSarel has half Mckibbons speed of pass, but so much more brains in what needs to happen next.

Reactions: BPC

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
At their best (and Genia finally played a good game this weekend), I would say it is Genia first, daylight second, then White, McKibbin, Sheehan and Phipps.

I think the backup halfback spot is still up for grabs and what is certain is that all the candidates are a long way behind where Luke Burgess was when he left Australian rugby.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When you say there's daylight between Genia and White, you must mean the kind of daylight that exists in the very northern regions of Europe when the days are blanketed in darkness...

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
When you say there's daylight between Genia and White, you must mean the kind of daylight that exists in the very northern regions of Europe when the days are blanketed in darkness...

There is clear daylight between an in form Genia and white, but in form genia is on extended leave at the moment.

If Christian gets a chance at 10 against scotland or wales I wouldn't be against them leaving the brums combo in tack and giving Genia a much needed rest.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

I did say "at their best". Genia's game against the Blues was just about his only decent game of the season.

On ability, Genia is one of the best players we have. I don't think you can possibly say the same about Nic White. I really rate him, but I think he is a long way off being close to the best halfback in the world (which is where Genia was before the RWC 2011).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was just trying to think about Genia at his best, and compare him with White at his best...

And all that really separates them is experience... so I don't think there's much of a gap there at all...

Bernie_Larkham

Herbert Moran (7)
This year certainly does highlight what a big lose Burgess was.
Yes sad to see an exciting young bloke who can pass, tackle and kick burst onto the scene and have a 9th forward who cant pass leave our shores... what a state of affairs :)

Bernie_Larkham

Herbert Moran (7)
There is clear daylight between an in form Genia and white, but in form genia is on extended leave at the moment.

If Christian gets a chance at 10 against scotland or wales I wouldn't be against them leaving the brums combo in tack and giving Genia a much needed rest.
I agree with that, very logical and a wise move.

Status
Not open for further replies.