• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rebels vs Auckland Blues, May 15, 2021

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Melbourne Rebels vs Auckland Blues.

Date: Sat, May 15
Kick-off: 6:45pm
Venue: Melbourne

Melbourne Rebels Match Day Team GIF:

nzpron_zpsaedb37dc.gif

Auckland Blues Match Day Team GIF:

flaming.gif

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
And lo, as the sun rose on the auspicious fifteenth day of the fifth month of the two thousandth and twenty-first year of our Lord McCaw, the rays streaming across the whatever-the-fuck-river-it's-called-in-Melbourne, did Leon, standing upon its shores, speaketh: 'Brothers Ioane -- well, mostly just you these days Akira -- the time has come; let us smite these Ocker c*nts. For now is the moment for whence the true Auckland Blues 2021 grand plan will come to fruition'. For, having lulled everyone into a false sense of security with a deliberately shambolic showing in SRA, the Auckland host will stop messing around, smite these 'Strayans with a fury forthwith reserved for those donning the sacred Black, and become the chad champion of two countries instead of the virgin champion of one country.

Blinded by their hubris, and copious amounts of celebratory Cody's six packs, the Cantabs will never see it coming.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Leon, standing upon its shores, speaketh

I see it! I hath seen it! I hath seen it upon angelic and seraphimic wings with mine thine own 2 eyes!

heston-splitting-sea.jpeg

"And thus yea we shall cleave a righteous path thru The River What's-It's Name to AAMI Park where we shall lay waste to all that we see Jesus just hurry up and drive the team bus through already would you please, I can't hold this amount of water up here forever you know".

having lulled everyone into a false sense of security with a deliberately shambolic showing in SRA
QDYNC3m.gif

the chad champion of two countries instead of the virgin champion of one country.

giphy.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway I reckon the TT comp will be great. I don't give too many fucks about the results, just keen to see some cracking rugby.

More than happy to leave the fretting to the Brumbies and Reds.

I with you Tex, and buggered if I can see the results being one sided as the 'victims' in here like to say. I looking forward to see the different styles of games against each other.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Rebs missing:
  • lock Trevor Hosea
  • No.8 Isi Naisarani
  • prop Pone Fa'amausili
Blues missing:
  • lock Sam Darry
  • lock Paper Tiger Patrick Tuipulotu
  • flanker Dalton Papalii.
  • a fucking clue.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebs missing:
  • lock Trevor Hosea
  • No.8 Isi Naisarani
  • prop Pone Fa'amausili
Blues missing:

• lock Sam Darry
  • lock Paper Tiger Patrick Tuipulotu
  • flanker Dalton Papalii.
  • a fucking clue.
Was gonna complain about the Rebels injury list but Blues ain't great either. Papalii was a monster before his injury. Thought he was best flanker in NZ.

Hosea & Fa'amausili are big losses for the Rebels, can't really afford to give up line benders.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm very excited for our unassuming, much better than expected, probably should have an international career but never will, genuinely quite talented ginger flanker in Brad Wilkin to go up against your unassuming, much better than expected, probably should have an international career but never will, genuinely quite talented ginger flanker in Tom Robinson.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm very excited for our unassuming, much better than expected, probably should have an international career but never will, genuinely quite talented ginger flanker in Brad Wilkin to go up against your unassuming, much better than expected, probably should have an international career but never will, genuinely quite talented ginger flanker in Tom Robinson.

One mega ginger
FusionDanceFinaleGotenTrunksBuuSaga.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Be interesting to see team Blues send out this week.If as DP rightfully points out the Blues carry on with the clueless rugby, I can see Akira getting a start, and I actually think against Aus teams he may go alright. Would be quite happy to see Nock get a run at 9 too.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
If Darry is indeed unavailable then they'll probably just plop Goodhue in there. But would rather shift Robinson to lock, Akira back to blindside, with Pierce on the bench. So something like:

1. Tu'inukuafe/Hodgman
2. Eklund
3. Tu'ungafasi/Laulala
4. Cowley-Tuioti
5. Robinson
6. Ioane
7. Gibson/Choat
8. Sotutu
9. Nock
10. Black
11. Ioane/Telea/Narawa
12. Faiane
13. Tele'a
14. Heem/Lam/Ratumaitavuki-Kneepkens
15. Sullivan

16. Vikena
17. Hodgman/Tu'inukuafe
18. Laulala/Tu'ungafasi
19. Pierce
20. Choat/Gibson/Plumtree
21. Christie
22. Perofeta
23. One of the not starting wingers

With one of Faiane or Robinson as captain.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Narawa is out injured for a couple of months - picked up an injury playing club rugby on the weekend.

I'd have Rieko at 13 otherwise I really like the 23.

I have a feeling Hodgman still has 1 more week of suspension too because the Blues didn't make the final (though perhaps they were able to use a club game as one of the weeks as I know the Rebels suspended players are doing).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
1. Tu'inukuafe/Hodgman
3. Tu'ungafasi/Laulala

Wonder if the rot didnt start up front with these 4 AB's resting on their laurels?
  • Ofa needs a rocket.
  • Totally underwhelmed by Karl T. He has zero conditioning (fat as fuck, even for a prop) and just walks around decorating games.
  • Has Hodgman even played this year? Oh, that's right, he tried to decapitate some guy and got banned. His only action I can recall this season.
  • Laulala being shunted backwards by some Chiefs high school kid named Oliver was a professional embarrassment.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Whilst the props haven't been as dominant as they should have been on paper - largely the forwards have been fine.

It's the backline and general attacking game plan that's been the Blues problem this year. Both have been woeful.