• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So after giving up on NZs non existant job market :mad:, I've moved to Melbourne. Question: Will any Test match be played in Melbs? If so vs who?
Cheers in advance lads and ladies.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
A kiwi moving to Aus, weird... ;)

I think Melbourne have one of the Welsh tests this year.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Next year you've got Wales on the 16th June

2 matches in 2013 for B&I Lions as well

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sweet az. Ill give it a look. Lucky the Rebels are here now. Id have a stroke with out my live rugby fix.
Only been here 2 days and some guy at work is already trying to convert me to Collingwood...

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Coworker: 'so your an AB supporter are ya?'
Me: 'what gave it away?'
Coworker: 'they wear the same colours, so you're a 'wood supporter by default'
Me: 'No....no im not.'

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
AFL is a good game to go watch live, but I only see it a sa novelty value, when there is nothing else to do and you have an arvo/night to kill.

Best watched live with someone who will know what the fuck is going on.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Even the structure of an AFL season is unique - the finals series includes the top half of the field, and the grand final seems to go longer than a day of Test Cricket.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Only been here 2 days and some guy at work is already trying to convert me to Collingwood...

At least they are the right colours for you - or close enough.

Don't get mixed up with those ferals though. If you go for Collingwood you can never shag a Carlton girl, which is a pity because there are one or two good looking girls there. Collingwood is a bit like NZ: they have some hot chicks but you have to look a bit harder for them than in Sydney.

Welcome to the wide brown land.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Don't get mixed up with those ferals though. If you go for Collingwood you can never shag a Carlton girl, which is a pity because there are one or two good looking girls there.

Go for North Melbourne, plenty of pity action to be had.

Looking for a rugby club here, SaderChief?

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Go for North Melbourne, plenty of pity action to be had.

Looking for a rugby club here, SaderChief?

Not at the moment mate. Injured my back badly two seasons ago. I should get it checked before i play again. Thanks for the offer tho.
Ill be going to plenty of Rebels matches. It will be interesting to see how O'Beiber and Catfish Beale go.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Not at the moment mate. Injured my back badly two seasons ago. I should get it checked before i play again. Thanks for the offer tho.
Ill be going to plenty of Rebels matches. It will be interesting to see how O'Beiber and Catfish Beale go.

Fair enough, well there's plenty of clubs down here to hook up with, even when you're not playing.

Make sure you get on board the Rebel Army as well, we'll make you feel right at home. facebook.com/rebelarmy or twitter.com/rebel_army.

Good sales pitch? :p

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Regarding Melbourne Rugby in 2012, what is the go with the 'Rebel Rising' team? I've been hearing rumours that they are entering a partnership with the Tuggeranong Vikings (ACT) and perhaps having a tilt at Shute Shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.