• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Mexicans

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Having grown up in South Western NSW, I've always referred to those person's from South of the border as "Mexicans" and thought that this was the accepted "National Standard" if you like.

I have noticed some "Banana Benders" calling "Chain Rattlers" "Mexicans" on GAGR.

Is it ok for Queenslanders to refer to New South Welshmen as "Mexicans"?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I think the best way to stop them doing it, is to start a thread calling attention to it. That way it will ensure no calls to attention to it and it will slowly die away.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ok then Vic is Mexico, NSW is USA, & QLD is Canada = America's bland hat who as Homer Simpson pointed out is "America's brother whose never had a girlfriend" ;). It is a little to the side of Mexico but I'd say that makes Tasmania Cuba or maybe Columbia - two excellent choices there. SA, WA, NT are.....well now I don't know where to go from here.....North Pacific Ocean? Or just wrap them all up & call them Hawaii, not a bad option, Hawaii I hear is quite nice.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

Never. The border between the referrer and Mexico is a river, the Rio Grande or the Murray. Most Queenslanders were asleep in Geography lessons, and at other times. But not in banjo lessons!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Having grown up in South Western NSW, I've always referred to those person's from South of the border as "Mexicans" and thought that this was the accepted "National Standard" if you like.

I have noticed some "Banana Benders" calling "Chain Rattlers" "Mexicans" on GAGR.

The world doesnt revolve around South Western NSW!

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Probably not, we are the 'Smart State'.

Hopefully that's just another Beattie/Bligh initiative wiped out by Newman.

Although the fact we re-elected a government that's run us into nearly $80 billion debt would serve your point well.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I guess we should let them do the jobs that Queenslanders don't want.

OK NSW; when you're done mowing my lawn, you can wash my dishes and look after my kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.