• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Movie Thread

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Ford v Ferrari is a great action film. Good soundtrack, Christian Bale is on point and the sound effects of the racing engines are epic. Great bad guy role from that bloke who looks like the wealth american college dude in most business films.

8/10

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

IrMPy5Q.jpg

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Latest trailer dropped yesterday & looks awesome. That said & as above so did the trailer for Lynch's version & look how shit that turned out being...

Can remember having a massive hard on for the book and getting very excited about the movie and..... o_O

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Trailer looks pretty good. I cringed hard at the Disney-type jokes they seem to have thrown in but will look past them.

Going to see it at IMAX and get the real experience.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
That's a lot of Oscar wins for EEAAO.

Unusually for me, I don't think I've seen any of the films nominated for any major categories other than Aftersun which was well acted but sans plot. Oh, and I also Top Gun which was great.

Heard very mixed reviews about The Whale, The Fablemans, Babylon. Tar is apparently good but I'm not sure I can do heavy entertainment for a while.

Any recommendations?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Final trailer for Dune Part 2 has dropped & looks fantastic:

The good news is that Part 3 is apparently a happening thing (I hope they have the sense to end it there, not sure even Villneuve can film God Emperor let alone Heretics, Chapter House etc).

The bad news is that due to the SAG strike Part 2 probably won't be released until the NH Spring. Oh well, at least they got Oppenheimer out pre-strike.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Having the good sense to let Dune breathe over chapters made it quite the underrated hit in my view.

In unrelated news, Barbie was very good. The second act at times grew tedious and the all ages messaging of the film wasn't very complex but it's not as political a statement piece as some commentators may have you believe. Some of the jokes at the male doll's expense nailed me square between the eyes but it's in genuinely good humour for the most part.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Having the good sense to let Dune breathe over chapters made it quite the underrated hit in my view.

In unrelated news, Barbie was very good. The second act at times grew tedious and the all ages messaging of the film wasn't very complex but it's not as political a statement piece as some commentators may have you believe. Some of the jokes at the male doll's expense nailed me square between the eyes but it's in genuinely good humour for the most part.
I'm still humming "I'm just ken" a week later. it was a fun big blockbuster with good sets and a star cast. Didn't quite nail the landing but yeah a solid 7/10.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm still humming "I'm just ken" a week later. it was a fun big blockbuster with good sets and a star cast. Didn't quite nail the landing but yeah a solid 7/10.
Yeah my wife thought Ryan Gosling was the best part of the film ironically. He was great but I think she liked his performance a little more than me...

I know what you mean about the ending. A little too sentimental.