• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NFL Football

NFL BoofBall is

• what the, where's the ball, oh, there it is, ah shit they've stopped again. Another timeout? GAHH!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Rugby, ruined

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Vicious and awesome

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Embarrassing pants

• Stupid

• Foreign

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Excuse me, did you just call me foreign?

• Prefer not to say

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

• How much for the Monet?

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Thanks Braveheart. I was thinking of the Green Bay Packers as people I spent time with in Alaska a long time ago were fans. Otherwise family follow 69ers.

The Packers are pretty popular even though they're a small market team and tend to have a reasonable number of prime time games so if you have Kayo you should be able to watch them reasonably frequently. They are going reasonably well despite moving on from Aaron Rodgers. Jordan Love is probably playing better than expected.

I think you mean the 49ers. ;)

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The Packers are pretty popular even though they're a small market team and tend to have a reasonable number of prime time games so if you have Kayo you should be able to watch them reasonably frequently. They are going reasonably well despite moving on from Aaron Rodgers. Jordan Love is probably playing better than expected.

I think you mean the 49ers. ;)

No aspersions intended to SF. o_O

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So SF are scary good. This is a clinic on the Cowboys.

We have any Pats fans here? That's bad. Jones is horrendous

The Niners are so good. Defence is incredible and the offence can't be stopped. Purdy had a huge day.

The Pats are a disaster. Belichick might be done. He should at least be relieved of his GM role which he is awful at. McCorkle Jones has checked out. He's a huge part of the problem but they're awful across the board. The defence should be top 10 and they're not playing well either.

Awful day for the Bills. Absolutely shat the bed in London against the Jags and lost two key players on defence (Matt Milano and DaQuon Jones) for the season. Absolute shocker in relation to the season's prospects.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Fucking hell BH the Bills are frustrating to watch. A turnover off the first play kinda sums up how they are going. Not having Matt Milano hurts.

Big gap between the top teams and the next group with the likes off the Bills, Dolphins

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'm kind of getting into the NFL as a bit of a distraction from the shitshow here. I've got the L plates on. Seeking a team to follow, I think I have to go a western team as that's where I've spent a bit of time, narrowing that down further I don't like either of the LA teams so I've settled on the Seattle Seahawks - are they a good shout? And can someone explain why the Dallas Cowboys are in the Eastern conference?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
You’ve picked a routinely top half side with a good fan base. This is probably as weak as they’ve been which is impressive and I’m envious.

Cowboys I’m not sure. I’m sure it can be looked up but the traditional rivals are NY & Washington who are NFC East also along with Philly.

Arguably the game of the year on this morning with the Super Bowl rematch Chiefs v Eagles. Could happen again this yeah although the Ravens look real good.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Fucking hell BH the Bills are frustrating to watch. A turnover off the first play kinda sums up how they are going. Not having Matt Milano hurts.

Big gap between the top teams and the next group with the likes off the Bills, Dolphins

This season has been horrible. So much promise and the wheels have fallen off. They need a miraculous run against the top teams to make the playoffs now.

And can someone explain why the Dallas Cowboys are in the Eastern conference?

1700531295020.png

When you've North, West, East and South in each conference it's pretty difficult to put them in locations that sound correct when the bulk of the teams are concentrated in the eastern third of the country.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
When you see it like that you understand why College Football is so big through Central & Southern US. Only some massive schools like Ohio St, Penn State, Michigan really on the national stage routinely but some Southern States will have multiple ranked sides.

The Peanut Gallery

Stan Wickham (3)
The thing I have been most disappointed with this season is the amount of season-ending injuries suffered by big-name players. Chubb, Burrow, Watson, Andrews and that is only one division. The healthiest team will win the bowl this year no doubt.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Playoffs are wide open I think. Ravens for me are the best side by far even with people still saying Lamar can't get it done.

Cowboys are bullies at home and the 49ers seem to be able to slip up for some reason.

Browns finding some momentum at the right time of the year.

Aaaand obviously even though they lost 6 games the Chiefs are still the Chiefs and have Mahomes.

Rams are the biggest surprise IMO. McVay is a hell of a coach and how they picked up ready to go players in the 5th round is impressive.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Didn't realise how big Soccer coaches are.

Mahomes isn't a small QB. Generally the QBs are fairly tall. We talk about variation in size in Rugby but an NFL team can have a guy who's 5'10 85kg all the way to a 6'8 150kg