• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NFL Football

NFL BoofBall is

• what the, where's the ball, oh, there it is, ah shit they've stopped again. Another timeout? GAHH!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Rugby, ruined

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Vicious and awesome

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Embarrassing pants

• Stupid

• Foreign

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Excuse me, did you just call me foreign?

• Prefer not to say

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

• How much for the Monet?

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dont recall any ref getting on the PA until into 2nd half?

Andrew Whitmore & family have more than a little bit of "O'Doyle Rules!" about them.

It does speak to the US love of totally unfettered capitalism that owners of a team would be included in the celebrations on field at all.
Once again, a crinkly old white man brushes past the Billy Ray Valentine's to step up to the dais to accept the adoration and accolades for Being Rich. Amerikkka's subservience to the capitalist casualties is such a bizarre thing to behold.

R.f30b31779c4384929d70190860da162b

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Ref's didn't throw many flags till the last 4 mins of the game then conveniently the Rams won.....hmmmmmm

The lack of either (or both) offensive pass interference or a facemask when Tee Higgins shed Jalen Ramsey and scored a TD in the first half was absolutely abominable officiating.

That alone probably gave the rub of the green to the Bengals in the officiating.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The lack of either (or both) offensive pass interference or a facemask when Tee Higgins shed Jalen Ramsey and scored a TD in the first half was absolutely abominable officiating.

That alone probably gave the rub of the green to the Bengals in the officiating.
The Rams game winning drive was kept alive by the bad holding penalty call on Logan Wilson the Bengals LB, when it was 3rd and goal which gave the Rams an automatic first down and another 4 plays to get he go ahead TD. They couldn't settle for a field goal so if it wasn't for that call the Bengals in all likely hood could of won the game. Yes the Refs probably missed the facemask on Ramsey but I think that was not intentional by Higgins and was in the process of going for the catch. It was also at the start of the 3rd quarter so there was plenty of time to overcome the mistake. The call on the Bengals was made at the death, wasn't a penalty and left little time to recover from it. I think the NFL would be happy with the Rams result. Big market to solidify on the West Coast and a just reward to Stand Kroenke bringing a team back to LA and building the most expensive stadium in the NFL.

One thing I do know is that in the history of the NFL there have been some massive Ref blunders that have changed games so nothing new here.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Russell Wilson traded from Seahawks to the Broncos. Probably no division in football with a better group of QB's than the AFC West. Patrick Mahomes, Justin Herbert, Derek Carr and now Russell Wilson. Green Bay also paying Aaron Rodgers $200 Million so they can have the privilege of getting knocked out in the divisional playoffs for the next 4 years. Only in America!

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Gearing up towards another NFL season and great to see the Raiders take care of business in the Hall of Fame game prior to the induction of the 2022 HOF class which includes the legendary Cliff Branch. Plenty of promise despite playing 2nd and 3rd team players. Might just put a few dollars on the Raiders to be a sneaky Superbowl contender in a tough tough AFC West division.
raiders-photo-2022_08_06_10_37.jpg

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Raiders go undefeated in the preseason whilst playing the second and third stringers. No major injuries and a chance to shore up the OLine once teams make their roster cuts to get down to 53. Great start under new coach Josh McDaniels. Expectations building for the Raider Nation. A tough ask to make it out of the AFC West which is the best division in the NFL. At $41 I might need to get on them for the SB.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
OMFG the Cowboys looked so bad. Dak Prescott and his wonky throwing ffs

Fancy Boy Tom's complexion looks insanely healthy for a 45-year old man in his line of work who's spent so much of his life outside. Those unicorn placenta baths must be really doing the trick.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
OMFG the Cowboys looked so bad. Dak Prescott and his wonky throwing ffs

Fancy Boy Tom's complexion looks insanely healthy for a 45-year old man in his line of work who's spent so much of his life outside. Those unicorn placenta baths must be really doing the trick.
Cowboys will need to trade for Jimmy G to cover Dak being out for up to 6 games with a hand injury. Raiders lost their opener to the Chargers but encouraged by the fact despite Carr throwing 3 uncharacteristic interceptions and being sacked 6 times they still could of won the game. New coaching and offensive scheme to adjust to, but I see plenty of promise in this Raider team. Devante Adams with a lazy 141 yards and 1 TD after reuniting with Carr who both played college ball at Fresno State. Go RAIDERS!

P.S.....Bills looked handy hahahah.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Some crazy results this week.

The Browns did what only the Browns can do and lost an almost unlosable game against the Jets. Tua went bananas and the Fins came back from 35-14 down in the 4th quarter to beat the Ravens.

Sorry Equalizer but that was a shocker from the Raiders. What a disappointing collapse against a pretty average Cardinals team.

Cooper Rush helped the Cowboys to a win and Jimmy G is now the starter in San Fran again after Trey Lance broke his ankle. Rough.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Anyone got any highlights source that shows maybe 20, 30 minutes for each game? I tried to watch that "every single touchdown in 12 minutes" twaddle but it just confused and disoriented me.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
NFL.com publishes free 5-6 minute highlight videos of each game.

You need an NFL Gamepass subscription to get the longer highlights to my knowledge. They do a "Game in 40" for each game where they basically cut from play to play to cut out all the dead time between.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
giphy.gif

My Raiders are up 20-0 in the 3rd quarter, no
need to watch the rest of the game....."

The number of players who have switched teams is just dizzying. Khalil Mack, having dumped the Raiders like the dog he is, has now dumped the Bears and plays for the Chargers..... who have dumped San Diego and now play in Los Angeles. Must be tough for fans to be parochial when everyone involved is just a dollar mercenary who will jump town in the dead of night for a buck.

Last edited: