• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NFL Football

NFL BoofBall is

• what the, where's the ball, oh, there it is, ah shit they've stopped again. Another timeout? GAHH!

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Rugby, ruined

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Vicious and awesome

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Embarrassing pants

• Stupid

• Foreign

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Excuse me, did you just call me foreign?

• Prefer not to say

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

• How much for the Monet?

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think Adams got jammed on the line so the timing of the route was off. Adams had a great game as did Josh Jacobs whose running the ball like a monster. Unfortunately Josh McDaniels offence is very complex and very wordy. I think it will take this year to get everyone on the same page. The Raiders have been in and could of won every game this year but haven't made the final play needed. Best 1 and 4 team I've seen. Can still make a run. Missed Darren Waller today at TE which would of drawn defenders away from Adams.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The Raiders continue to climb. The third 140+ yard rushing game in a row for Josh Jacobs and a lazy 3 TD's. Third in the league in rushing although he has one less game due to the bye. Running with speed, power and violence. The O-line which was seen as a weakness prior to the season is starting to gel. Need Darren Waller back from his hamstring and this offence is really coming together. Go Raaaaaaaaiiiiddddeeerrrrrs!

raiders-photo-2022_10_24_16_13.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Josh Jacobs has been huge.

The latest The Athletic Football Show talks a fair bit about how good he and the Raiders rushing game has been.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Another tough loss for Tom Brady and the Bucs. Is he just too stubborn for his own good? I think it's easy to be a professional athlete when you have the support of your family. Seems Tom is hell bent on proving he can win a Super Bowl on his own without that support.

He doesn't seem to have learnt what's most important in life. Your team mates will move on but your family is always there. Can't believe he would choose football and potential injuries later in life (CTE) over his family when he has already proven everything he needs to.

The Twitter memes have been ruthless!

Screenshot_20221028-140304_Twitter.jpg

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Raiders 2 in a row. Josh Jacobs takes over the game for the Raiders against the Seahwarks. 229 yards rushing and 74 yards receiving for 303 in total. 80+ yard walk off TD to win the game in OT. Some teams don't get 303 yards. Leading the NFL in rushing. Beast mode! Raiders gradually getting on track with Josh McDaniels scheme. Hopefully put it all together next year after another draft and free agency.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Da Raiders take care of the Chargers in LV. Josh Jacobs and Devante Adams continue to put up huge numbers. Jacobs backs up his 229 year game with another 144 this week. Still leads the NFL in rushing. Adams a big 177 yards and 2 TD's bringing him to 1000+ yards and 12 TD's on the season so far. Starting to string some games together with 3 W's on the trot.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Et Tu Brute! Just when I thought I was out.....they pull me back in!

2023 is the Raiders year. Bills, Chiefs and maybe the Bengals for AFC honours this year.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
NFL finals shaping up nicely. Dallas looked good against the Goat Tom Brady and Tampa Bay. Can't see Tom retiring after putting in such a bad performance. I'm pretty sure he will turn up in Las Vegas with the Raiders after team owner Mark Davis wanted him two years ago only for the deal to be nixed by then coach Jon Gruden. The Raiders would see Brady reunited with his former Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and in a system he knows inside out. He's be throwing to All Pro wide receive Devante Adams, All Pro running back and rushing leader Josh Jacobs and Pro Bowl TE Darren Waller. I can see it happening. Raiders would need to beef up the O Line and add some pieces on defence. Super Bowl is in Vegas next year....the stage is set.

Some really good matchups to come and divisional finals are the best games. I'm still hoping to see a rematch of the 93 and 94 Superbowls with the Cowboys v Bills. Come on fate, bring these teams back together.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Chargers always tipped to be a contender each year and they have a great QB in Herbert but how can you blow a 27 point lead at half time and lose the game 31 to 30 against the Jags. All credit to Jags QB Trevor Lawrence for being composed enough after throwing 4 interception to lead them back for the W. Chargers should never have left San Diego to play second fiddle to the Rams in LA. The Chargers coach boy blunder himself Brandon Staley really needs to stop taking such massive risks on his play calling and killing the team. Jags should be put to bed by the Chiefs in the divisional round but like the Blues Brothers, Trevor Lawrence is on a mission from god.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
I don't disagree at all on either point but that was not 'clutch'. It will be interesting to see if it changes his game for the better, worse, or not at all.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I think he’ll be fine for a long time as long as the Bengals do something about their Offensive Line and Chase is healthy. He can’t be sacked and pressured that much and it’s been the case all year.

His QB style is much more sustainable than blokes like Josh Allen even and I love watching Allen.

The AFC is stacked with young talent and will prove to be the challenge for rings I think.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I like watching Philadelphia's celebratory riots, so will be on their bandwagon. That and It's Always Sunny. Also also, one-legged Mahomes might find it harder to avoid the band of maniac murderers that are the Eagles pass rush.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah the ankle is a good point but he got through the AFC Championship oook and he’s had 2 weeks of rest. Travis Kelce could be a problem for the Eagles.

Eagles O Line is so good they have the potential to hold the ball for long periods of time and control the pace of play.