• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

No Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
If our S15 teams continue this garbage then come RWC time we are screwed. I just saw Ben Hand drop a ball with nobody anywhere near him. If Taf is gone then we are as well as he, Pat McCabe the Force backrow, as well as the golden boy are the only ones worth picking. Last night it was a dropped ball fest by the Tahs, it has continued tonight. We suck this weekend.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fucking turn it up mate. The Tahs, Reds and Force are all going to be in strong contention for the finals.

The Rebels and Brumbies just suck.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
But other than the Blues and Crusaders the NZ teams have been very average. The SA teams haven't looked brilliant either.

I think it is just teams struggling to gel at the start of the season. The same in AUs, NZ and SA.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, too early to say. It is along season (Ding!) and there's a lot of footy to play (Ding-ding!!). The boys just have to keep working hard on the basics (Ding-ding-ding!) and see where it all goes come final time.
I do think the Rebels will be riding the caboose, but even the Brumbies could come good. They had enough chance to win tonight, but poor discipline and execution at times. The Reds won ugly, which isn't always bad ( I AM a Tahs fan, remember).

Scotty

David Codey (61)
A very long season, they have to take it game by game, hope the bounce of the ball favors them and put in 110% at all times.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
But seriously the bearing of the success or lack thereof of the aus s15 sides on the world cup is minimal. The biggest issue is of course the amount of injuries but hopefully we are getting ours out of the way early.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
If our S15 teams continue this garbage then come RWC time we are screwed. I just saw Ben Hand drop a ball with nobody anywhere near him. If Taf is gone then we are as well as he, Pat McCabe the Force backrow, as well as the golden boy are the only ones worth picking. Last night it was a dropped ball fest by the Tahs, it has continued tonight. We suck this weekend.

Stop being a drama queen, it's not that bad.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Someone sounds like they were on the grog, I mean, I don't understand how you guys understood the comment. But I do agree that his picks are good.

T

TOCC

Lily, if you want to make melodramatic posts like this one then take your arse to planet-rugby or some other forum which panders to that sort of attitude

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
You would think that people here have never seen Super rugby before. The first five rounds are always quite random, with a lot of bad rugby played. And the Kiwis are always the fastest out of the block. Every year.

And every year you get the paranoid androids at the end of round three, saying how we suck.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
You would think that people here have never seen Super rugby before. The first five rounds are always quite random, with a lot of bad rugby played. And the Kiwis are always the fastest out of the block. Every year.

And every year you get the paranoid androids at the end of round three, saying how we suck.

Especially ones with brains the size of a planet ;)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

I'm not sure that the Kiwis are going all that well. The Blues looked good till they got to Durban, the Crusaders have had two good games despite the first round loss, but the other three have looked pretty awful. I totally agree with the rest of your post.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
But other than the Blues and Crusaders the NZ teams have been very average. The SA teams haven't looked brilliant either.

I think it is just teams struggling to gel at the start of the season. The same in AUs, NZ and SA.

Highlanders heading towards a bonus point win over Bulls away as I type this...with 30mins to go....

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm not sure that the Kiwis are going all that well. The Blues looked good till they got to Durban, the Crusaders have had two good games despite the first round loss, but the other three have looked pretty awful. I totally agree with the rest of your post.

There's been some ordinary matches this week. The Stormers-Cheetahs game was extremely ordinary. Stormers got home in the end, but not a try scored in the game. Highlanders doing the business against an out of sorts Bulls team, Bulls have looked off for the last few games.

B

BRIX

Highlanders win 28-35 at Loftus. Snap a 18 game winning streak at home for the Bulls. Excellent game, well played South sea bros

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Congrats to Highlanders on a fine win...Poki's try near the end was best I've seen for awhile from a kick return...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders are the real deal this year. Impressive pack and young, skillful backs.

Adam Thomson is an insane player.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Highlanders best team in the comp. Imagine how good they will be when Colin Slade comes back.

Apart from Slade, Cowan and Thomson they don't really have any big names. But ben smith, treeby, mackintosh and a couple of others have really stepped up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.