• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nominations - Best International Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
NOMINATIONS ONLY - NO VOTING YET.
Nominations for the The Yellow Scarf of Friendship for best international poster.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
My nomination is for the poster of a post not on this Forum.

It was by Ali's Choice , who during the furore of our new thread starting procedure wrote this on the PR thread that had been set up to bag G&GR

To be honest, G&G can do what they like with their forum.

They are obviously interested in operating a highly controlled, on-topic forum catering specifically to a particular niche within the cyber rugby community. Their regulars obviously have certain expectations about how they want their forum run, and the mods are trying to facilitate this environment. Good on them. There is nothing wrong with a tightly controlled rugby forum such as theirs, just as there is nothing wrong with a much more fluid type of sports forum like the one we enjoy here. Each to their own.

In the context in which it was posted - a PR thrashwank - I thought he did himself, the decent PR posters and us a great service.

I've also thought he's been one of the most level headed Kiwi posters we've had on here when he's been around.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Plenty of great international posters. I enjoy the work of Antony, Badabing59, Teach, Pixel Ninja, Major Ragerly and Blue off the top of my head.

But my Nom goes to Bullrush.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What is the qualification? Do they need to be overseas based or just following another national team?

I know Blue and Antony live in Australia.

I vote for Bardon. I'm pretty sure he doesn't live here.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
To clarify - my nomination was more to do with the "the Yellow Scarf of Friendship" part of this award

D

daz

Bardon. Fantastic contribution from the NH side of our great game.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Bardon. HM to Sudrugby and Paarl who always freely share the good oil from their respective countries.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Being an alien (ie kiwi),I perhaps shouldn't nominate in this one, and won't nom any kiwis, but do really enjoy reading Bardon and Paarl's posts about the game in their part of the world. We are blessed in this game to have such a variety of countries that play, so I always find it very interesting to hear how the game is going in the places I don't get the opportunity to visit (I need to win Lotto), and more importantly watch rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.