• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
It is a benefit they are playing now, but we had all of them playing at the end of last year in the U19s Super Rugby tbf.

U18s have more games in a couple weeks as well I believe and they are up for selection if up to it.

I’m assuming we will have some games v NZ and others prior to the JWC.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It is a benefit they are playing now, but we had all of them playing at the end of last year in the U19s Super Rugby tbf.

U18s have more games in a couple weeks as well I believe and they are up for selection if up to it.

I’m assuming we will have some games v NZ and others prior to the JWC.
There's a single round (everyone plays each other once) under 20's rugby championship scheduled for April on the Gold Coast.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Two cracking Six Nations games - plus take a look at the U20s 6Ns matches - Eng U20 #9 and #7 outstanding.

Lessons for Australia who should be playing more representative U20/U19 matches to identify emerging talent.

I’ve said it 1000 times here, all RC have selfishly just looked after themselves. Now eve rsa are looking at PE.

The answer clearly is sell a 7th of the competition. Bring in Japan & Fiji, have a full u/20’s running concurrently & women’s RC.

The north is killing us in sustainability. England easily could have stamped their feet & said ‘we want more money, we have the biggest stadium & sell it out the most blah blah blah. But they know that a stronger 6N makes a stronger RFU.

Down here it’s a tiny dick swinging competition between a union that’s countries population together just makes a city & a union by the day is becoming more & more irrelevant.

Steve_Grey

Chris McKivat (8)
There's a single round (everyone plays each other once) under 20's rugby championship scheduled for April on the Gold Coast.
They need to play more - they could have played Super Rugby U20 trials in parallel with the Super Rugby Trials, and look at more players not involved last year; missed opportunity.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I like the idea in theory but most of the boys who will be involved at the JWC are with the Super Squads at this stage of the season.

I like where the U19s season sits at the moment. Allows them to also play a full Club season. They play a lot more now than they did a decade ago. Coaches can select squads and refine it through the next seasons games. Having it run at a similar time to the 18s also lets you compare the top talent there who can push into the 20s.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
@Highlander35 why is your team so enjoyable to watch and players so likeable yet your management is so annoying?
They are loathsome and exhausting. They're overpaid and underinvesting in so many things and kick up such a fuss over nothing after a reasonable "please explain" in 2015.

I genuinely feel sorry for Nic Berry though. His track record at Super level clearly shows he's not ready for International Rugby but RA and WR (World Rugby) keep pushing him through. Almost as bad as when the SRU were pushing Adamson as an international quality option.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I genuinely feel sorry for Nic Berry though. His track record at Super level clearly shows he's not ready for International Rugby but RA and WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) keep pushing him through. Almost as bad as when the SRU were pushing Adamson as an international quality option.
In Nic's defense, he wanted to rule it a try but the TMO boxed him in. Can't really blame that ending on him.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
In Nic's defense, he wanted to rule it a try but the TMO boxed him in. Can't really blame that ending on him.

It's more of a broad statement of his performances over the previous 5 to 8 years, the specific post whistle sequence of events I think left no other option (Declared no try, only unambiguous evidence can overturn the on field call) than to stick with the on field decision, but I do think he abrogated his responsibility by blowing no try so quickly and sending it to TMO, no camera was ever going to have a better view of what happened than he did.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
They are loathsome and exhausting. They're overpaid and underinvesting in so many things and kick up such a fuss over nothing after a reasonable "please explain" in 2015.

I genuinely feel sorry for Nic Berry though. His track record at Super level clearly shows he's not ready for International Rugby but RA and WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) keep pushing him through. Almost as bad as when the SRU were pushing Adamson as an international quality option.
He's been on a hiding to nothing ever since the Rassie video come out. He cops so much scrutiny and has his name associated with every decision well beyond other refs, even when the issue is as much the TMO or AR.

I'd really like to see World Rugby up the professional support and training for refs, but realistically it probably needs to come from Super Rugby (and the various other local competitions). There just isn't the pool of refs ready to go for the very top level international games and it's seeing too many of them burnt before they get the chance to develop. What the English have done with refereeing in the prem should be the standard to aim for and pass.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Maddocks had an absolute blinder of a game for Pau in their away over Bordeaux, 20-10. He took a screamer to set up the first try then executed a textbook cover tackle out of nowhere to save a certain try, so good. About 8 minutes into the highlights below:

Pau are getting sneaky good, used to be pretty shit but with some handy recruitments with Sam Whitelock, Reece Hewat is going well there, Chrichton would be a great pick up for them and a team where he could have a lot of fun.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I'd love to see him have another run in Aus. Big man now and seems confident in his ability. Wouldn't mind seeing him at the back of the Brumbies backline. Hard to see it happening though. Playing well in a good side with potentially his best mate coming over soon.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I'd love to see him have another run in Aus. Big man now and seems confident in his ability. Wouldn't mind seeing him at the back of the Brumbies backline. Hard to see it happening though. Playing well in a good side with potentially his best mate coming over soon.
Never know, might get home sick again and ask to be released to Sydney again.

LevitatingSocks

Herbert Moran (7)
Ntamack might be the 10 that makes it look the easiest. Quade Cooper at his peak was flashier and appeared more dangerous, Finn Russell might have more magic in his arsenal, but Ntamack is as smooth as it gets. Just looks like he's on a walk for a morning coffee as he's destroying a team.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Ntamack might be the 10 that makes it look the easiest. Quade Cooper at his peak was flashier and appeared more dangerous, Finn Russell might have more magic in his arsenal, but Ntamack is as smooth as it gets. Just looks like he's on a walk for a morning coffee as he's destroying a team.
Pretty much. Never flash, great vision, quietly goes about oiling the cogs. He's been a huge loss.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
A professional women league has been announced for 2025 in the US. Women's Elite Rugby is the name it seems to be going with. Looks to be built off the Women's Premier League teams which have been around for a while. Six to 8 teams for year one is the goal. There's already 7 WPLs.