• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Damn that would've been a great win for Italy. Shame. Love to see a fallible France though and a strong Italy. Would be great to have an Italian upset at the RWC. Being in France & New Zealand's pool doesn't help though. Thought Marchand had an unusually quiet game, didn't get any turnovers and conceded a penalty or two. The English/Italian 9 Varney was pretty rubbish, gave the ball to France 5+ times for free (and a try).

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Yeah but they are still with them:

20230205-194019.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Aussie update: Maddocks had a great game at fullback against Racing, as he helped his team thump Racing 92. Good bounce back after a pretty abysmal performance from him previously. When he stops doing dumb shit, like passing to no body on the sideline, he's pretty good. Also still has his wheels (shown by his nice try below).

Paenga-Amosa has been in a good vein of form. Played 77 minutes for the reigning champs, hits every throw and is a constant breakdown threat. It's difficult to compare him to our domestic hookers but he's bloody consistent at least which is something lacking down under.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
And to add to that Maddocks was named in the team of the week for the Top 14 (along with team regular Emmanuel Meafou).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
BB has turned his back on racing92, how long before we actually look at Japan as a serious tier one league
I dunno, I really struggle to watch it. I'll watch premiership, top 14, URC before watching Japan. Just feels like a mickymouse league where the players couldn't really give a shit if they win. Same goes for the fans. Don't really respect any of the storylines going on.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I dunno, I really struggle to watch it. I'll watch premiership, top 14, URC before watching Japan. Just feels like a mickymouse league where the players couldn't really give a shit if they win. Same goes for the fans. Don't really respect any of the storylines going on.
Strong agree. The pace of it makes it look more like 10s at times too.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Japan league one will take off if Japan does well in a WC etc. Then there will be notice taken, but Sky stopped showing it, and I not worried, as like qwerty and dc say, I just couldn't get into it. A step up from MLR, but still not quite there yet.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

I see what you saying but no one 10 years ago would have said that the top14 would slowly become the no.1 & best run comp we have & here we are.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Wayne Barnes at it again, French shoulder to the head and only a yellow, Irish play off for HIA and won't be back.
FB_IMG_1676128211605.jpg

Last edited: