• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
The irony is next level though.... ACT junior pathways produce a Super Rugby/Test quality player about once every 5yrs or so. Then, when they get a decent one like Hansen, they don't play him for years and off he goes to Ireland and gets capped straight away..... Hilariously sad.....
And the bloke keeping him out of a Brumbies team had to leave Qld to get a crack at Super Rugby.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Week Two, France vs Ireland, might just be the decider on who wins the Six Nations this year. France at home might be slight favorites but it should be an absolute cracker of a game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Week Two, France vs Ireland, might just be the decider on who wins the Six Nations this year. France at home might be slight favorites but it should be an absolute cracker of a game.
Really looking forwad to this one! Hoping both teams are fairly full strength, and as you say Hawko could be a pointer as to who wins 6N this year, even if I suspect there could be an upset or 2 along way yet to confuse things.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yes can't wait. Think Ireland have the better run in, more cohesion against a tougher opponent. France was wrecked by Covid and will only be getting a bit of a groove on now.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Sione Tuipuloto gets his first Six Nations start at inside centre against Wales. Probably the best team after Italy to debut against. Scottish fans seem quite excited for him so maybe we’ll now start blaming the Reds for the Rebels letting him go.

Johnny Sexton is injured for the game of the round against France. Meaning heir apparent Carberry gets his first six nations start at the young age of… 26. Think this and a parochial paris crowd means France just get favourite..

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez what a couple of good tests today. I didn't quite realise how big the French pack was until watching them today, there is some big buggers there! You do wonder if it needs to be hit and run against them, but they look pretty fit to go with it.
Welsh decided they just weren't going to give up against Scots, that was two knackered teams at end of test, they both gave it everything. Well worth the watch both games!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Geez what a couple of good tests today. I didn't quite realise how big the French pack was until watching them today, there is some big buggers there! You do wonder if it needs to be hit and run against them, but they look pretty fit to go with it.
Welsh decided they just weren't going to give up against Scots, that was two knackered teams at end of test, they both gave it everything. Well worth the watch both games!

France had a couple of very big boppers on their tour Down Under. It would be interesting to know how many who are in their latest 23 came on the tour?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Good showing from the Aussies too. Mack Hansen with an absolute screamer of a try. Berry & Gardner were both the refs for the two games and I thought they did quite well. I think I prefer Berry's approach more. Gardner is a bit teacher-y.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Watching the highlights of Round 1 of Six nations and the full France Ireland game in round 2, the French have gelled as a team after last year's tour down Under.

They look on their way to a championship unless they slip up in coming games.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
France had a couple of very big boppers on their tour Down Under. It would be interesting to know how many who are in their latest 23 came on the tour?
Can't really remember who they had in tour earlier, but by geez one of starting props was huge, other was big, locks were both pretty bulky as well as tall, seem to recall cometators saying their tight 5 were 30kgs heaveir than Irelands, who aren't small.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Good showing from the Aussies too. Mack Hansen with an absolute screamer of a try. Berry & Gardner were both the refs for the two games and I thought they did quite well. I think I prefer Berry's approach more. Gardner is a bit teacher-y.
Yep thought both refs handled games well. Gardner was good in that he didn't let TMO give his opinion ubtil he wanted it, at one stage Pom touchie called for a look at foull play, Gardner got it replayed talked it over with O'Keefe (other touchie) who didn't think there was anything in ti, they both agreed and he just told TMO they had decided it was ok, and did he agree? He did, but I enjoyed the ref being in charge and not TMO.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I prefer Gardiner, I think he is more consistently good than Berry, who seems to me to have the odd bad match.

The Saffers hate Berry with a passion, so he can't be all bad;)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I prefer Gardiner, I think he is more consistently good than Berry, who seems to me to have the odd bad match.

The Saffers hate Berry with a passion, so he can't be all bad;)
Well Damon Murphy reffed Italy England this morning. So good representation and training for our Aussie refs.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
This might be a question for the ref thread but Sebastian Negri was knocked unconscious by a head clash with England's Nick Isiekwe. I was surprised the comms were so quick to say it was just a rugby accident. Isiekwe went in with his head high and I though it deserved a closer look. It certainly wasn't any better than Rob Valetini's red card against Wales.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not many, the commentators described the Aus touring side as a "B" side

France are looking really good for the RWC, they have quality young backs and massive, angry pigs interspersed with dynamic units

The commentators said the side was average age of 25

Wilson

David Codey (61)
From their latest 23 there were 9 on tour in Australia. Tourists in bold:

Melvyn Jaminet;
Damian Penaud,

Gael Fickou,
Yoram Moefana,
Gabin Villière;
Romain Ntamack,
Antoine Dupont (captain);
Cyril Baille,
Julien Marchand,
Uini Atonio;
Cameron Woki,
Paul Willemse;
Francois Cros,
Anthony Jelonch,
Gregory Alldritt.

Replacements:
Peato Mauvaka,
Jean-Baptiste Gros,
Demba Bamba,
Romain Taofifuena,
Thibaud Flament,
Dylan Cretin,
Maxime Lucu,
Thomas Ramos.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Sefa Naivalu made his long awaited return from injury last week for Stade Français (along with Latu from his ban for being a mouthy muppet).

Toulon is haemorrhaging stars with Etzebeth reportedly going back to SA for the Sharks, leaving his contract early 'for personal reasons'. Toulon tried to get Adam Coleman to replace him but London Irish have won out and re-signed him. Apparently Coleman is still dreaming of a Wallabies return...

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Sefa Naivalu made his long awaited return from injury last week for Stade Français (along with Latu from his ban for being a mouthy muppet).

Toulon is haemorrhaging stars with Etzebeth reportedly going back to SA for the Sharks, leaving his contract early 'for personal reasons'. Toulon tried to get Adam Coleman to replace him but London Irish have won out and re-signed him. Apparently Coleman is still dreaming of a Wallabies return...
Sefa has re-signed at Stade too