• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
D, Mack's eligible for Ireland. If Rennie doesn't snaffle him with a bench spot at least on the EOYT, then I fear he'll be playing against us soon enough.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
KB (Kurtley Beale) put in a good shift for Racing a couple of days ago setting up two tries and saving one at the death for the win. Hot and cold under the high ball but no worse than Hodge.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Bristol v Harlequins - Luke Morahan is still out sadly with injury which means he doesn't get to line up for Bristol against Louis Lyangh's Harlequins as they play in their semi final rematch that was only decided in OT.

London Irish take on table topping Leicester, if Irish and their Aussie boys manage to win I'll be very impressed. Irish have Adam Coleman and Steve Mafi in the 2nd row with Rob Simmons on the bench. Nick Phipps starting at 9 and Ollie Hoskins at reserve tight head. For Leicester, probably the most imbalanced wing pairing in Nemani Nadolo & Harry Potter. Also Guy Porter is on bench.

Gloucester v Sale - Ben Meehan starts at 9 for Gloucester with a very international backline outside him: Adam Hastings, Jonny May, Chris Harris and Louis Rees Zammit (Also Aussie not Aussie Jason Woodward). Sale have no Aussies but 3 x Du Preez starting in the team (the fourth Du Preez is injured).

Exeter v Worcester - No Aussies

Saracens v Newcastle - No Aussies

Wasps v Northampton - No Aussies (Frank Lomani on the bench for Northampton), Taqele Naiyaravoro is still sadly still out with a knee injury.

I'd watch Irish v Leicester & Bristol v Harlequins.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Double down on Bristol v Harlequins. Cracking match that's definitely not very UK rugby. Lyangh played himself into a nice game after a rusty start.
Just watched the mini, what a cracking game! Harlequins are an absolute joy to watch, can't go past that Collier try for the moment of the game.

Also really appreciated the way Barnes called a yellow as part of a penalty advantage near the try line to make sure it was clear the player was going off even if the try was scored

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sharks got their first win on tour against Ospreys. Hope the other SA franchises follow. They struggle without their Boks which will probably only return in January

Reactions: dru

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say halftime of Sale/Harlequins match, a good match! I must admit the beauty of daylight saving here in NZ is these matches kick off about 7.30am, so good watch over breakfast on a Sat morning! :)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Have to say halftime of Sale/Harlequins match, a good match! I must admit the beauty of daylight saving here in NZ is these matches kick off about 7.30am, so good watch over breakfast on a Sat morning! :)
Yeah just finished watching it, pretty bloody intense & close game. Some talented boys there.

Ryan McCauley gets his debut start in the 2nd row, partnering Jonny Hill for Exeter against Wasps.

Harry Potter gets another start on the wing, might be one to keep an eye on for a return to Super sometime. He's gotten bigger and has been a starting regular with George Ford, Freddie Stewart, Nadolo etc.

Rob Simmons starts again with Steve Mafi in the 2nd row for Irish, keeping Coleman on the bench. Nick Phipps and Curtis Rona also start. They're playing Gloucester who have Ben Meehan at 9 inside an all international backline.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Elsewhere:

I notice Sam Carter has been captaining Ulster, is he season captain or just recently? Good on him.

Sione Tuipuloto gets another start for Glasgow, also a call up to their squad for the autumn internationals. Maybe he'll debut against Australia.

Will Skelton starts at 5. in his return to La Rochelle after a 5 week ban. Keen to see how he goes.

Pau has replaced Philip with Steve Cummins which I didn't notice, and he starts this weekend with Jack Maddocks on the wing! Must be his debut, haven't noticed him before, wonder if he still looks miserable when playing. Pau is even worse than the 'Tahs so probably.

They face Bordeaux with Kane Douglas in the row.

Latu starts for Stade Francais in what is apparently the most expensive team in the league but bottom of the table after 6 games, lol. I think Sefa Naivalu is still injured for them. And Paul Alo Emile is sidelined for a red card offence.

Tom Staniforth starts for Castres against Biarritz, who have got only Speight after dropping/resting Kuridrani.

Colby Fainga'a starts for Lyon against Toulouse with presumably a mix of Arnolds, Zack Holmes.

Beale returns to the 15. jersey for Racing 92 with Luke Jones on the bench.

So, for our international locks playing this week: McCauley, Mafi, Simmons, Coleman, Carter, Skelton, Cummins, Douglas, Staniforth, Jones, presumably 2 of Arnolds or Meafou.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Elsewhere:

I notice Sam Carter has been captaining Ulster, is he season captain or just recently? Good on him.

Sione Tuipuloto gets another start for Glasgow, also a call up to their squad for the autumn internationals. Maybe he'll debut against Australia.

Will Skelton starts at 5. in his return to La Rochelle after a 5 week ban. Keen to see how he goes.

Pau has replaced Philip with Steve Cummins which I didn't notice, and he starts this weekend with Jack Maddocks on the wing! Must be his debut, haven't noticed him before, wonder if he still looks miserable when playing. Pau is even worse than the 'Tahs so probably.

They face Bordeaux with Kane Douglas in the row.

Latu starts for Stade Francais in what is apparently the most expensive team in the league but bottom of the table after 6 games, lol. I think Sefa Naivalu is still injured for them. And Paul Alo Emile is sidelined for a red card offence.

Tom Staniforth starts for Castres against Biarritz, who have got only Speight after dropping/resting Kuridrani.

Colby Fainga'a starts for Lyon against Toulouse with presumably a mix of Arnolds, Zack Holmes.

Beale returns to the 15. jersey for Racing 92 with Luke Jones on the bench.

So, for our international locks playing this week: McCauley, Mafi, Simmons, Coleman, Carter, Skelton, Cummins, Douglas, Staniforth, Jones, presumably 2 of Arnolds or Meafou.
Paul Alo-Emile's brother Moses looks to have been playing a few games for Stade too, I wonder if he will look to declare for Samoa as well or if he is eligible for France as went over there so young?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
England's squad for their November games has been announced. Missing are the Vunipola brothers, Jamie George & George Ford.
Sale scrummie Raffi Quirke will make his debut. English fans are confident that Raffi & Marcus Smith will be their halves for the next generation, with Radwan, Malins and Steward the back 3. So, bit of a refresh in the backs.

Interestingly, Aussie Nic Dolly has been named as a potential debutant. 22 year old hooker, born and raised in Sydney and in the Waratahs youth group, before being spotted by recruiters whilst playing rugby as an 18 year old on a gap year in England.

Also, no space for Louis Lyangh....
1634590601490.png

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
France's squad has also been announced. Unfortunately their talisman of a captain, Charles Ollivon has missed out through injury. Also missing out are their preferred prop Mohamed Haouas and centre Arthur Vincent who's gonna miss 8 months through injury.
Including 9 debutants as well and a vastly different squad from who toured Australia (22 players named today didn't go to Australia). \

France only have to play Argentina, Georgia then New Zealand. So, you'd imagine all effort, planning and energy is on NZ, should be bloody amazing.
1634591865993.png

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
No space for Louise Lynagh, does that mean he could be the outside back to come in to replace MK?!?! Here's hoping haha. Cheers for info on Nic Dolly, will keep an eye out.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No space for Louise Lynagh, does that mean he could be the outside back to come in to replace MK?!?! Here's hoping haha. Cheers for info on Nic Dolly, will keep an eye out.
Why the interest in LL? Is he better than Mack Hansen? Both play wing/fullback.

Hansen is bigger (188cm, 102kg - 187cm, 95kg) , older (23 - 20), more experienced and probably faster and more elusive. Accuse me of Brumbies bias by all means, but at least Mack played in this country, representing at U20s and establishing himself as Super rugby standard. We know what he brings while the best we know about LL is his father.

Truth be known, neither is probably under real consideration, but I would be disappointed if either wasn't better than Mr Morahan.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Why the interest in LL? Is he better than Mack Hansen? Both play wing/fullback.

Hansen is bigger (188cm, 102kg - 187cm, 95kg) , older (23 - 20), more experienced and probably faster and more elusive. Accuse me of Brumbies bias by all means, but at least Mack played in this country, representing at U20s and establishing himself as Super rugby standard. We know what he brings while the best we know about LL is his father.

Truth be known, neither is probably under real consideration, but I would be disappointed if either wasn't better than Mr Morahan.
English fans rate him, he's got a bit of Kellaway about him in that he always finds the try line. Hansen could never regularly start for the Brumbies, Lyangh is a regular starter for the best team in the English Premiership. And as you say, all this at three years younger.

What I don't understand is why he would want to go to Aus. Get paid substantially less if he joins Super. Or stay in UK but have to travel around the world to a foreign place 3 times a year. Whereas he could represent England, with his mates, for his country and stay where he's lived and it's all a lot easier.

Hogie

Allen Oxlade (6)
English fans rate him, he's got a bit of Kellaway about him in that he always finds the try line. Hansen could never regularly start for the Brumbies, Lyangh is a regular starter for the best team in the English Premiership. And as you say, all this at three years younger.

What I don't understand is why he would want to go to Aus. Get paid substantially less if he joins Super. Or stay in UK but have to travel around the world to a foreign place 3 times a year. Whereas he could represent England, with his mates, for his country and stay where he's lived and it's all a lot easier.
You are absolutely right and is how I see it playing out with LL choosing England. It is tough as a Wallabies fan to watch talented eligible Aussies playing for other countries. Dolly for England, Tuipulotu and Savala for Scotland and potentially LL and Hansen for England and Ireland. I do however see the hypocrisy with what I am saying with the talented Pacific Island players that have donned the wallabies jersey...

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
You are absolutely right and is how I see it playing out with LL choosing England. It is tough as a Wallabies fan to watch talented eligible Aussies playing for other countries. Dolly for England, Tuipulotu and Savala for Scotland and potentially LL and Hansen for England and Ireland. I do however see the hypocrisy with what I am saying with the talented Pacific Island players that have donned the wallabies jersey...
Rarely am I miffed about it, if I were a South African fan I would be. They have genuine Springbok calibre players representing other nations but I don't think we've lost anyone just yet of the same level (can't say we ever had Louis). Maybe some of those Aussies in Japan will turn out to be top quality, not yet though.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Rarely am I miffed about it, if I were a South African fan I would be. They have genuine Springbok calibre players representing other nations but I don't think we've lost anyone just yet of the same level (can't say we ever had Louis). Maybe some of those Aussies in Japan will turn out to be top quality, not yet though.
Yep Dc, I hardly think Louis could ever be considered a loss, he probably more Italian than Aus, but like young Dolly, they not really a loss unless they almost knocking on the door of Wallaby selection. Same as all the players that grew up in NZ and went overseas before they made a name for themselves, hard to say they are a loss, and there are shit loads of them, and many in Wallabies etc. No probs though, the ones that hurt I think are ones in test squads etc.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Scott Fardy will be the defence coach for the NEC Green Rockets with Cheika and Blake Ferguson. Interesting