• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
2 games postponed in the URC this week including the 1 match everyone has been waiting all season for! no crowds at welsh games for a while.

1 big positive the premiership is having a full set of games boxing day so the 27th on the couch after too many beers at the cricket boxing day means a lot of flicks between stan mini's & the cricket.
It making for a little unfair comp with teams losing etc because of covid isn't it? I know there nothing can really be done, and I still watch, just such a shame.
Still as you say will watch boxing day games hopefully, as well as on weekends and still enjoy games!

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
It making for a little unfair comp with teams losing etc because of covid isn't it? I know there nothing can really be done, and I still watch, just such a shame.
Still as you say will watch boxing day games hopefully, as well as on weekends and still enjoy games!

Another 8 games either cancelled or postponed this weekend its starting to feel a bit not right.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yep, it turning to custard isn't it? I hoping it not a look into the future for us down under.

Interesting that the premiership canceled the games & gave out point but the other 3 leagues have postponed games. Your right though we need to have plans in place for SRpac & learn from the north.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say even allowing for the problems fielding teams, I do enjoy this getting out of bed on weekend and having NH games live on TV, very civilised way to enjoy Breakfast I find!!
Certainly enjoyed Exeter/Bristol game this mornong, probably find I a bit more into Gallagher Shield games than the French top 14 I now watching.
But they both rugby so.......................

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Have to say even allowing for the problems fielding teams, I do enjoy this getting out of bed on weekend and having NH games live on TV, very civilised way to enjoy Breakfast I find!!
Certainly enjoyed Exeter/Bristol game this mornong, probably find I a bit more into Gallagher Shield games than the French top 14 I now watching.
Where do you watch Top 14? I used to like the highlights programme on Bein?? Doesn't seem to be there now.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Getting the feeling Exeter are getting everything right for the back half of the season, looked good

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Getting the feeling Exeter are getting everything right for the back half of the season, looked good
Did you watch the Leicester/Bears game MS? Bloody hell what a great game of rugby. Loved it, right up there with test rugy and super Aotearoa for intensity and physicallity. Buggered if I know how anyone can not enjoy watching that comp, have seen some real good rugby over the season!

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Did you watch the Leicester/Bears game MS? Bloody hell what a great game of rugby. Loved it, right up there with test rugy and super Aotearoa for intensity and physicallity. Buggered if I know how anyone can not enjoy watching that comp, have seen some real good rugby over the season!

You mean Exeter v Bristol? on stan over here its all on a stan which is a stream service so I just watch all the 20min mini replays of the games but yeah I did watch it. The bears have been actually pretty they have lost a couple of tight games against good opposition. I didnt understand kicking the ball out & taking the bonus point loss. There is no relegation this year so why not chance your arm on Semi Radradra taking it to the house & trying to win the game.

Cant wait for quins & chiefs this week plus this is Bath's best chance at actually getting a win!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You mean Exeter v Bristol? on stan over here its all on a stan which is a stream service so I just watch all the 20min mini replays of the games but yeah I did watch it. The bears have been actually pretty they have lost a couple of tight games against good opposition. I didnt understand kicking the ball out & taking the bonus point loss. There is no relegation this year so why not chance your arm on Semi Radradra taking it to the house & trying to win the game.

Cant wait for quins & chiefs this week plus this is Bath's best chance at actually getting a win!
No actually meant Bristol/Leicester mate, was from last week.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
No actually meant Bristol/Leicester mate, was from last week.

ah my bad, yeah i did see it that was an absolute cracker.

The tigers seem to be getting the flip of the coin in all those games, there has been a few now they have won plus 75 min. The bears on the other hand wow.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Japan’s League One Comp kicks off today with a couple of games on Stan.

Kerevi, Hockings and McMahon will play with Damian McKenzie for Sungoliath in one.

But the Kobe Steelers v Shining Arcs will see the return of Izzy Folau running out with Liam Gill.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Looking forward to having a peak at the Sungoliath game this evening RR, watched a bloody good game between Sale Sharks and Bristol Bears this morning, so reckon watching a game from Japan tonight will be good way to finish day.
All good in lead up to Super rugby in a few weeks!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez I hope some saw the Quinn's/Exeter game this morning. Bloody good game of rugby, weather was shit, Chiefs down to 14 men after red card just on halftime, but real great game won in final minute with a conversion that bounced off the upright!!
I thought apart from both packs that pounded the shit out of each other, Danny Care and Marcus Smith were pretty good for Quinns, and if there a better 15 than Chief's Stuart Hogg playing at the moment, I haven't noticed him!
Another great Sunday morning game!

Last edited:

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Geez I hope some saw the Quinn's/Exeter game this morning. Bloody good game of rugby, weather was shit, Chiefs down to 14 men after red card just on halftime, but real great game won in final minute with a conversion that bounced off the upright!!
I thought apart from both packs that pounded the shit out of each other, Danny Care and Marcus Smith were pretty good for Quinns, and if there a better 15 than Chief's Stuart Hogg playing at the moment, I haven't noticed him!
Another great Sunday morning game!

There is but I dont think we are allowed to talk about him any more, he was running around in blue on saturday in japan lol

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There is but I dont think we are allowed to talk about him any more, he was running around in blue on saturday in japan lol
Hell that fella who shall remain nameless is not in same class at 15, he has to learn to pass to the right a lot better. I always reckoned 14 was his position! But regardless just an opinion.

Last edited:

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Just been catching up on some Gloucester highlights, seems Jordy Reid has returned from injury and playing well. Got MOTM in 2 of the last 3 games, also had a good run to set up a try against Saracens on the weekend.