• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Rugby

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just been catching up on some Gloucester highlights, seems Jordy Reid has returned from injury and playing well. Got MOTM in 2 of the last 3 games, also had a good run to set up a try against Saracens on the weekend.
Yep Jordie is going pretty ok isn't he Kev? It's not easy rugby that comp so says how well he is playing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
After watching the Cardiff/Quinns game this morning, I have to say young Marcus Smith looks like he not a bad No 10 at all!
Another good game .

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Also noted in Quinns/Cardiff game, that almost all penalties around 5m line Cardiff took a tap , instead of going to lineout/maul. I thought how happy a few posters here would of been to see it. Just watching Exeter/Glasgow game and Exeter just did same. Not quick taps just setting up and doing it is quite good!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Nic Dolly & Louis Lyangh left out of Eddie Jones’ Six Nations squad. Wonder if they will make their way back in, both very contested positions for England with a lot more depth than Australia.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I been away for a week, so was good to get home and have some live rugby when I got up this morning, just finsihed Scarlets/Bristol Bears game, another bloody good game. Really like the look of Bears young halfback, Randall I think his name, looks pretty skilled. Mind you the boy they had at 8 today was pretty handy too, there is certainly plenty of classy players in that comp. Heineken Cup takes a break until after the 6Ns now and then they come back with top 16 I think.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
couple of local derby's lined up for the round of 16, Cardif were super close to getting in without actually winning a game!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tolu Latu red carded, via two yellows. The 2nd for swearing repeatedly at referee Wayne Barnes.
Actually Paenga-Amosa got penalised for swearing in Montpellier/ Exeter game this morning too. He was replaced just after that, about halftime, which was a pity as I thought he had been playing well, in another good game.
Montpelier won, but only needed a bonus point to go through to final 16 without even getting a win, mainly thanks to a 28-0 scoreline when Leinster defaulted re Covid!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Six Nations starts first weekend of Feb. Will be interesting, France just had to cut 9 players from the squad due to COVID. Including their starting 1,8, 9 & 10. Whoops

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Round of 16 first leg – 8/9/10 April

1: Stade Francais Paris (B8) v Racing 92 (A1)
2: Stade Toulousain (B7) v Ulster Rugby (A2)
3: Union Bordeaux-Bègles (B6) v Stade Rochelais (A3)
4: Connacht Rugby (B5) v Leinster Rugby (A4)
5: Sale Sharks (A5) v Bristol Bears (B4)
6: Exeter Chiefs (A6) v Munster Rugby (B3)
7: Montpellier Hérault Rugby (A7) v Harlequins (B2)
8: ASM Clermont Auvergne (A8) v Leicester Tigers (B1)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Round of 16 first leg – 8/9/10 April

1: Stade Francais Paris (B8) v Racing 92 (A1)
2: Stade Toulousain (B7) v Ulster Rugby (A2)
3: Union Bordeaux-Bègles (B6) v Stade Rochelais (A3)
4: Connacht Rugby (B5) v Leinster Rugby (A4)
5: Sale Sharks (A5) v Bristol Bears (B4)
6: Exeter Chiefs (A6) v Munster Rugby (B3)
7: Montpellier Hérault Rugby (A7) v Harlequins (B2)
8: ASM Clermont Auvergne (A8) v Leicester Tigers (B1)
Wonder if Ireland & France's strong showing will be reflected in the Six Nations.

This Heineken Cup is fun, don't think Toulouse are quite the clear favourites anymore.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Wonder if Ireland & France's strong showing will be reflected in the Six Nations.

This Heineken Cup is fun, don't think Toulouse are quite the clear favourites anymore.
I can't see anyone beating Leinster, Toulouse will struggle against Ulster.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Tolu Latu red carded, via two yellows. The 2nd for swearing repeatedly at referee Wayne Barnes.

the guy is an idiot, i hope they don’t entertain the idea of him wearing gold again

Wayne Barnes explaining his actions against Tolu Latu.

“He’s said f*cking hell”. “He’s then looked at me and said, I got the f*cking ball.”

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

It's a bloody great comp isn't it? Top quality rugby in most games .

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If anyones keen for a good NH match with lots of Aussies watch yesterday’s London Irish v Exeter. Good game with lots of good Australian performances. Especially MOTM Coleman, who finally put in a performance worthy of his ridiculous price tag. Absolute monster, laying out hits on half the national Scottish team. Phipps, Simmons & Hoskins all had good games too.

In Six Nations news, France has recalled their Covid superstars and Louis Lyangh joins the English squad again after Marchant is ruled out. He must be getting closer.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
If anyones keen for a good NH match with lots of Aussies watch yesterday’s London Irish v Exeter. Good game with lots of good Australian performances. Especially MOTM Coleman, who finally put in a performance worthy of his ridiculous price tag. Absolute monster, laying out hits on half the national Scottish team. Phipps, Simmons & Hoskins all had good games too.

In Six Nations news, France has recalled their Covid superstars and Louis Lyangh joins the English squad again after Marchant is ruled out. He must be getting closer.
Will be interesting to see what happens with Coleman. Even without the salary cap changes there's no way he'd be getting his contract renewed at that level, with them and his general performances I can't see London Irish offering him much to stay.