• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Northern Hemisphere Season 16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
3 games a week, I think the 3 that BT chooses to cover, but I'm not sure.

Leinster v Treviso, Scarlets v Munster and Connacht v Glasgow this week.

Last two should be good, crap choice on the friday night fixtures though, the Italians plus the Dragons. Leinster is the best of a bad bunch, but maybe Blues v Edinburgh should have gotten a Friday night and Connacht v Glasgow the Saturday night

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Warren Gatland (Cementhead) announced as B & I Lions head coach.

Rob Howley to take over as Wales' head coach in Cement's absence.

Tim&Bingo

Chris McKivat (8)
Mike Ford to Toulon anyone? (What a giggle that'd be) Keep him away from the Physios though!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Interesting to read in that article "Ashton received a 10 week ban last season for putting his hand near the eyes of Luke Marshall during a European Champions Cup match against Ulster." SANZAAR citing officials take note; HTF Franks wasn't at least cited I'll never know.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^

image.jpeg

And/ or

image.jpeg

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What we rugby supporters want from officials is consistency; in this case they weren't.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Franks could learn a thing or two from the French.

Suspended for 14 weeks:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/ugalde-handed-14-week-gouging-ban/

Ashton got 13 for the biting incident:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/13-week-ban-for-ashton/

Without wanting to second-guess the judiciaries involved, 13 seems about right for biting esp when the guy has prior form for this kinda shit, but 14 for gouging is way too lenient. Entry point is 12 weeks, mid-range is 18 & I'd rate this as high-end so should have started at 24 weeks plus or minus based on prior record etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.