• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC 2015 Beer and Burger watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
We did this for the ARC and I think we should do it for the NRC as well.

Take a photo with your beer, burger and some NRC action in it. Post it on social media with the hashtag #NRCburgerwatch and @GAGR and a short review. Then post it here.

Can anyone think of a better hashtag?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I didn't snap it but the special Fijian hot sauce on sale at Harlequins was bloody awesome. Like a better version of tabasco.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sydney Brewery is also a hefty step-up from the mid-strength Carlton you'd get at most Australian sporting events.

Tried the Nomad beers and Olivers Pies at Manly Oval? Should be good to go for Thursday night.

I'd have a Nomad Brewery Beer over a Sydney Brewery Beer any day of the week but both a step up on the usual billy goats piddle sold at most venues in the same way that the Manly Ferry is a step up from a 14 foot tinny for the journey from Circular Quay to Manly Wharf.

T

TOCC

Worth noting generally - the whole set-up down at Woollahra Oval on the weekend was really fantastic. I watched the rugby while my girlfriend went wine-tasting. Honestly couldn't have wanted it to be any better.

Agreed, it's a shame there wasn't an even bigger crowd because that was a fantastic set-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
15a960e10d10de2f9689b5a414b37817.jpg

$10 beef brisket at woollahra on Saturday. Can't believe I took a picture of my food. I'm one of them now!!
I did have this forum in mind when I took it tho!!! Honest!! Hahahah

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
15a960e10d10de2f9689b5a414b37817.jpg

$10 beef brisket at woollahra on Saturday. Can't believe I took a picture of my food. I'm one of them now!!
I did have this forum in mind when I took it tho!!! Honest!! Hahahah

It's alright mate you're clearly not practiced at the ol' art of instamgram food pics. Focus is way out!

Burger looks worthy of seconds.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Tried the Nomad beers and Olivers Pies at Manly Oval? Should be good to go for Thursday night.

I'd have a Nomad Brewery Beer over a Sydney Brewery Beer any day of the week but both a step up on the usual billy goats piddle sold at most venues in the same way that the Manly Ferry is a step up from a 14 foot tinny for the journey from Circular Quay to Manly Wharf.

No, I haven't tried them. I'll keep an eye out.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Food/beer/wine fairs at the NRC is brilliant. I can imagine this gaining momentum over the years and becoming great event days at each of the club grounds. Suburban grounds with top food will set it apart from other sports and differentiates it from Super Rugby. I hope it gains traction. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.