• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC 2015 - the home stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That settles positions 1 and 2.

1. Brisbane City - undefeated Minor Premiers on 38 points
2. UC Vikings on 35 points

In the worlds worst surprise, both qualify to host a home semifinal next week.

Their opponents could be any two of Melbourne Rising (16 pts, -39 PD, i game in hand) , Sydney Stars (19 pts, -65 PD, 1 game in hand), or NSW Country Eagles (19 pts, -35 PD).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rising defeat Stars in Frankston, but by not enough to help the Country Eagles.

Stars scrape through in fourth place on the back of a losing BP.

Semi Finalists are settled, Brisbane City, UC Vikings, Melbourne Rising, & Sydney Stars

Brisbane to play Stars and Vikings taking on Rising.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's hard to argue they don't deserve it but I can say with confidence, right now the Spirit are a thousand times better and the Eagles too.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
It's hard to argue they don't deserve it but I can say with confidence, right now the Spirit are a thousand times better and the Eagles too.

Not sure about that. The Stars lost today by a bonus point having dominated the Rising at the set piece. Eagles were absolutely fisted in that area. Perth are there own worst enemies and it should be a wake up call to them that consistency is flowing through the entire Perth organisation and need a fix somehow someway

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Got a feeling the semi finals are going to really epitomize the 2015 NRC. Two 40-50 point wins to the top 2 teams. The grand final will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Gees the Rising have really faded as competition gone on.....Sure they had McMahon last year but still fairly rich with super rugby laden players....not sure why they have fallen of the wagon as competition gone on...

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gees the Rising have really faded as competition gone on...Sure they had McMahon last year but still fairly rich with super rugby laden players..not sure why they have fallen of the wagon as competition gone on.

not only McMahon, but Smith and PAE upront, Stirzaker, Inman, English, Naiavalu and Veianu in the backs. In particular they have missed the first and last two. But, yes i agree, the super players in the Rising have not performed up to expectations.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes they have clearly missed having the quality of front row they had last year as scrum been ordinary whilst in particular missing Stirzaker as he marshalled the back line well last year....

Status
Not open for further replies.